Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Video on Apple TV

With Video coming to Spotify, it feels like a real missed opportunity that there is no video on the Spotify Apple TV app. I would love to be able to watch podcasts or shows on Spotify on my Apple TV. I assume this is already in the works, but if it's not it should be. If it is, when will we see it?

Updated on 2021-04-09

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that podcast video is now available on Apple TV. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Happy listening and watching!

Comments
squint

Music VIDEOS, hello!? 🙂

DoggyChicken

Now that the “Joe Rogan Experience” podcast is on Spotify, and will soon be exclusive to the platform, this needs to happen. I watch all my video podcasts on my TV through Apple TV. The promise to fans of this show is that nothing would change and that video would be available. Part of that statement is true, but the video podcast is NOT available on my TV, which is the place I most want to watch it.

Luan
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-09-03

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.
Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

OliGreen
ad70x7

With Joe Rogan leaving YouTube to Spotify. It would be great if the Spotify Apple TV app could play video so we can still watch it.

andora29

Assuming that I'll need to pay to watch the podcasts (ad free), similar to Youtube's paid offerings, then if you want my extra dollars, you'll need to provide video content, and all his videos, without exception.  Otherwise, Rogan may have his money from you guys, but don't expect your ROI to pay off with subpar service (as compared to Youtube). 

Drewthrock

Kind of a no brainer. Especially now that you have exclusive Rogan rights for video soon. Spotify Apple TV app needs video playback

xscribex

****UPDATE March 10, 2021****
iPhone screen mirroring will play the video from the iPhone app to your Apple TV. Previously this would only show a black screen on your tv. Confirmed working on iPhone X iOS 14.4 with AppleTV 4K

There has to be a ton of people that use the AppleTV to watch YouTube video podcasts and Joe Rogan is no exception. Totally bummed out I won’t be able to do this anymore in a couple weeks. Spotify update your app!

jason_g123

Get it together, spotify.  Update the app for video capability!!!

Therealnader

Especially since y’all just took JRE off YouTube . And you don’t have video on the Apple TV app . I agree with the missed opportunity idea . Shoulda been thought of this . 👎🏾 ( thumbs down)