Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

User Notifications

• When somebody subscribes to your playlist
  • When somebody "follows' you or adds you as a favorite
  • ability to interact with users via their Profile page

You done a great job of launching apps (looking foward to more!) but its still tough to really communicate with other Spotify users.

and a big one re: Music

• Notification when an artist in your library has new material added to Spotify

I'm happy as a clam to announce that we're currently in the process of rolling out a new version of Spotify which contains the notifications requested here. With Spotify, you'll receive a notification when somebody subscribes to your playlist, when somebody "follows" you, or when an artist you "follow" adds new music to Spotify.

Thanks for voting! We hope you enjoy the music.

Comments
rSw

the title says it all 🙂 a search history or something so you can view if the song has been added to spotify so you can add it to one of your playlists

Rocio

hello there!

I´ve just merged to this idea another one which was requesting the same that one of the points (Notification when an artist in your library has new material added to Spotify).

I have also added the kudos, that´s why the kudos amount have increased.

We are here and listening and we are working on all of your ideas, we will keep you updated on this topic.

Thank you all for your contribution here 😉

Rocio

Hello ben_v!

I´ve just merged your idea to this thread since you are requesting notifications when the songs have been removed and this idea thread is all about these kind of notifications. The kudos amount has increased then.

Thanks for your contribution 🙂

Edina

How can I turn OFF notifications? 

And why do I receive a notification of a playlist that I am

a) not subscribed to;

b) the person who created that list is neither in my contact network, nor she is a subscriber to any of my public playlists.

JGuk

There needs to be any option to disable these annoying and pointless notifcations.

I don't care about any of them and they show up like something very important is happening on my Mac sopitfy app. 

Please give us an option to disable them like every other app in world.

thank you.

There are many other threads about this, with MANY MANY peopel complaining about it:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Let-users-turn-off-some-or-all-desktop-notifications-e...

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Add-an-option-to-disable-notifications/idi-p/156288

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Mac/Disabling-Mac-OS-X-Dock-badge-notifications-about-additi...

Fofer

Today I got push notifications on my iPhone and iPad, that someone else's playlist was updated.  WTF?  That's absurd.  So I turned them off via the apps' Settings.  Why can't we do the same in the desktop client?

Rorey
Status changed to: Implemented

I'm happy as a clam to announce that we're currently in the process of rolling out a new version of Spotify which contains the notifications requested here. With Spotify, you'll receive a notification when somebody subscribes to your playlist, when somebody "follows" you, or when an artist you "follow" adds new music to Spotify.

Thanks for voting! We hope you enjoy the music.

Rorey

For those of you interested in the idea to chat with other Spotify users, please submit you votes over here:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Spotify-should-institute-a-chat-system/idi-p/59495

toshio

Would it be possible to be notified when an artist I follow "Appears On" a compilation or other artists' releases? For example, when an artist I follow is featured on someone else's track or album, I'd like to know about it.

Codysnoises

Hope someone can help me. I constantly receive notifications from artist "Sony Classical Benelux" which I have never followed. It's really annoying because it's a compilation artist that adds stuff all the time and it buries all the actual artist notifications I want to see. I cannot find anything to remedy this issue. Thanks.