Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Ads] Ads Filter

I know we can't pick and choose what ads to see, but at least for a teensy bit of decency (especially for people listening to spotify in a professional work environment) can we not have half naked Victoria's Secret super sexy models?

Personally, I could care less about ads. And in fact, I am a woman who shops at Victoria's Secret. Still- I just had an awkward moment with some coworkers AND my boss. I'd like very much for that not to happen again. In the very least, how about an image that isn't half the size of the window? 

I know no one's going to agree, and believe me, I'd be the last person to complain about spotify (it's awesome). But seriously, it's a bit much.

Thanks.

Updated on 2020-12-07

Hi everyone,

Thank you for adding your votes and comments to this idea, we appreciate your patience.

We're just checking in, to confirm we're keeping this set to 'good idea'.

We are working on making ads more personalized, to create better experiences for our users.

Rest assured we're continuing to bring your feedback to the right teams here too.

Comments
sokatiiee

Has there been an update to this? I work at a church and just had a commercial that started *beeping* because of cuss words, and then continued to play hip hop music, while I am on my Christian playlist. I have no problem with ads, I am just glad that I have it low enough that my Pastor didn't hear from... Kinda weird to go from Praise music to something about giving someone tunnel vision.

conman124

Just got a 30 second ad about 4/20 legalize weed.  Really, Spotify?  This is ridiculous.  I understand that some ads will be annoying just by nature of being ads, but after several inappropriate ads, I'm fed up.  I've never had an ad on Pandora which I thought was inappropriate, and I'm highly considering moving back to them.  I'm starting to wonder if this is an intentional choice on Spotify's part, seeing as there's also no way to filter explicit music.

And to think, I was considering upgrading to premium.

sokatiiee
Thank you! I told them on twitter I am probably going to go back to
pandora. 2 ads in an hour that were cussing... I don't understand it
17LP

ability to block specific ads

@Marco  I'm posting my comments in the recommended idea suggestion, an idea that Spotify hasn't taken action on for 5 years. Yeahhh, I'll be sure to hold my breath that something will be done about it. 

camina03

I agree!  A 'safe for work' mode would be appreciated!

jimmypaz

I really dont want to listen to ads from the disgusting Greek music. Just because i live in greece doesnt mean i have to listen to this reminder of vomit. Please it is very important not to be disgusted as far as music is concerned.

estergin

I agree, i love spotify and use it daily. i have made a playlist to project throughout my whole  art studio and this studio is tending to families and children and when a condom commercial comes on i have to apologize to all my customers because it's innapropriate. im okay with listening to ads but they need to be more family friendly

csarlv

I just heard and ad by Carl's Jr. Guatemala that was a bit sexual. That could be somewhat problematic if I used speakers to listen to music at my job. But mostly I disliked it because it was offensive to women, and by the way supporting the view that I, as a man, have to fit the usual masculine role of someone who falls for seduction easily. If a group of friend happen to drop by at my house, I'm listening to music and that ad sounds, everyone feels compelled to act as the macho man we certainly are not. While that gives an opportunity to start talking about sensitivity, I don't appreciate Spotify for having that ad.

I want to pay service again, once I can. but will not do it if I feel that they condone an offensive culture.

soniawade623

Ditto to this thread but with Trojan ads. Having someone talk about STDs when I just want to listen to my music at work sucks. 

hausiechild

While I fortunately have not had any victoria's secret ads, I have gotten multiple ads in row for alcoholic beverages, I'm not even old enough to drink! My birthday is in my information, you'd think spotify knows not to advertise that to me. I have personalized ads turned on, none of my online activities indicate any interest in alcohol.