Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Ads] Ads Filter

I know we can't pick and choose what ads to see, but at least for a teensy bit of decency (especially for people listening to spotify in a professional work environment) can we not have half naked Victoria's Secret super sexy models?

Personally, I could care less about ads. And in fact, I am a woman who shops at Victoria's Secret. Still- I just had an awkward moment with some coworkers AND my boss. I'd like very much for that not to happen again. In the very least, how about an image that isn't half the size of the window? 

I know no one's going to agree, and believe me, I'd be the last person to complain about spotify (it's awesome). But seriously, it's a bit much.

Thanks.

Updated on 2020-12-07

Hi everyone,

Thank you for adding your votes and comments to this idea, we appreciate your patience.

We're just checking in, to confirm we're keeping this set to 'good idea'.

We are working on making ads more personalized, to create better experiences for our users.

Rest assured we're continuing to bring your feedback to the right teams here too.

Comments
Jas143

Ok it's now 2017 (the original complaint in this thread was posted in 2012!) and scary/horror movie commercials continue to be an issue. Spotify you replied thanking users for their patience but this was almost a year ago. Surely there is a way to opt out of scary/sexual explicit advertising. I understand advertising is an essential component of Spotify's free tier but PLEASE PLEASE figure this out!!!!! I'm happy to listen to ads but the scary/horror movie commercials are really horrible.

Pandora is no longer offered in Australia - otherwise, I would use that platform. 🙂  

fuchyou2

Spotify,

**bleep**ING FIRE THE **bleep** THAT SAYS "THE FOLLOWING 30 MINS WILL BE AD FREE THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING ADS" I **bleep**ING HATE HIM.

I WANT TO BLOW MY HEAD OFF EVERY **bleep**ING TIME I HEAR THIS LAD'S VOICE.  HE GENUINELY HAS A HORRIBLE VOICE THATS IS EXTREMELY ANNOYING TO HEAR AND IM **bleep**ING SICK OF HEARING IT. 

I WOULD GLAD BREAK THIS BLOKES JAW IN EFFORTS TO PREVNTING HIM OF TALKING ANYMORE. 

missladyannabel

Please stop scary ads or allow us to filter them out. They are truly disturbing especially with children around. Thank you.

Tiger3

Seriously Spotify **bleep** with the horror ads at 8am GMT!!! My kid is now crying her eyes out 'cos of your lazy attitude. Music playing in the living room while I made breakfast and up pops a totally inappropriate screaming, **bleep** horror movie ad. Bang out of order guys. Bang out.. It's not that difficult to tailor and temper your ads. No more spotify in this house!! Idiots.. 

any6

Agreed, please please please monitor/filter these ads!

The latest one is not a bad as the Victoria's Secret ads but I do not want to hear a graphic description of how gross a Port a Potty is!!! I can't even grasp what the connection between Port a Potties and hotels.com is. I don't even know what hotels.com is but I sure don't want to go anywhere near the site now. 

Please remove this disgusting ad!

EllsBelles15

Could we also block out scary advertsorhavean option to turn off. It causes panic attacks.

Landscape

I absolutely agree! I mainly use Spotify to listen to Christian music, and having that interrupted by a Victoria's secret or condom commercial is never fun.

scienceteacher

I work at a high school and we use Spotify to listen to music while we work. Some of your ads are EXTREMELY inappropriate!! If this doesn't change I will no longer be using Spotify and will be posting on every social media outlet that I can find that no one else concerned with any measure of decency should be using Spotify either!!

kelseyxwebb

i agree

I especially hate the horror night ads, it scares me everytime and it even gave me a mild panic attack the first time.