Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Alexa] Multiple Spotify Accounts for Amazon Echo

My wife and I have our own Spotify accounts. On Amazon Echo, you can create your own profile.  It would be great to link your own Spotify account to your own Amazon Echo account.

Thanks!

Updated on 2017-08-25

Hey @rskyles thanks for bringing your idea to the Community. As this idea involves a third party we cannot comment on whether this feature is in progress or not. We're marking it as 'Not Right Now', but if we publicly announce this feature is coming we'll update this idea. Thanks!

Comments
Srandecker

I switched to Family for this sole reason - that my kids who are sans smartphones could listen to Spotify from Echo WITHOUT it being my account. Alexa is not working with this. Why?!?!

wmilner

Switch to Amazon Prime - u can link Amazon Prime to alexa instead with multiple accounts i think - Spotify have been far to slow sorting this out.  Its absurd to offer a family plan but one not fit for use on the fastest growing platform (Alexa)

Srandecker

@wmilner Funny you should mention that. We have Amazon Prime AND Amazon Music. It will work on Echo, but not on Dot unless we upgrade further. 

wmilner
Echos now £100 not £150....and sound quality so much better....almost worth it....

jonathanhatch
The problem, here, is that I don't use Echo or Dot to actually play my
music. I use a Sonos system. The difference in sound quality is night and
day from other sound systems.
Srandecker
Since it was for the kids' bedroom, the Dot + existing speaker was just
fine. Had no idea there would be an issue with Spotify Family OR Amazon
Music. Kind of maddening.
blueblue7

Warum funktioniert der Familyaccount nicht auf Alexa?

Maxwelln01

i can't believe this is marked as not right now! Anyone who owns an echo and lives with at least one other person must have this issue!

JayArrow
I completely agree. This is a must for everyone who uses it. Ridiculous it’s not resolved.
Lampligter

ya its dumb.  i cancled my spotifiy premium account over this issue.  kids now use pandora and iheart radio.

just dumb that netflix has had this figured out for years, and spotify cant make it happen.