Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Change playback speed when listening to music

Ok before i start i want to tell you of the history of the requests for this issue. the oldest request i can find had 573 upvotes and was a generally good idea (Link to OP). 

spotify's response:

Hey folks. We're marking this idea as Case Closed today as it's "Not Right Now" status hasn't changed in over 3 years. We're working hard to update the ideas you're voting on that have a chance at getting built at Spotify--we're trying to be fully transparent here. Please continue to leave your feedback here in the Idea Exchange so we can bring it to our product owners, thanks!

Now this response is basically saying: "since we dont have the time to implement this right now, we are going to close this case and never come back to it."

Another user had the same issue i had (post here) AND HE GOT CASED CLOSED FOR TRYING TO BRING BACK THE DISCUSSION.

Ok, now i think spotify should allow you to change the playback speed of tracks. Youtube has that abillity and honestly this makes me want to cancell my spotify premium plan and switch to a youtube red plan. Spotidy could even use it to get more premium users if it was a premium only feature. A lot of users like to listen to music at faster or slower speeds (especially slow orchestral music) and for us Youtube would be a better option.

Thank you for listening to my rant - Gacko

Updated on 2023-03-24

Hey everyone,

This idea accidentally ended up in the wrong board, so we're moving it back here.

We're keeping the Not Right Now status as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
Rim4

Haven't this recieved enough votes to get a status update? 

lizziebella

I would love this feature, especially since slowed songs are becoming popular. This could be a good feature not only for premium users but also free users.

The-Cheetos

I have ADHD and it would be really helpful to me if I can speed up some slower songs so I can enjoy them without them irritating me.  A lot of songs I enjoy are just too slow for me for me to actually listen to. So please consider this idea, Spotify 🙂

Thanks,

Kenny

ckmaier

I would make regular use of the ability to change playback speed for music tracks.

This feature is available for Spotify podcasts now, so the capability appears to be there..

Silkari

I, too, would also appreciate having this ability, especially when listening to podcasts.

ainoah

It would be nice to be able to listen to songs or podcast on a slower or faster speed. I personally like to listen to songs on .75 speed.

Kgoedi

How difficult can it be right? It doesn’t require a whole change in the UX design, they could just add the speed adjuster in the settings window.

arthurspa

This would be an amazing feature. But this idea was suggested since 2012 and they haven't implemented. Quite annoying. 

Luigi2262

So... does anyone know how many the “necessary amount of votes” is? This has been up for, like, a year and a half, and I do not see any reference to specific numbers in the Spotify Exchange link...

Haimat

Music speed controls should be added for us to play Music at speeds of 0.5x, 0.8x, 1x, 1.5x and 2x