Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Changelog after each Update (In-App)

With each new update, no matter what gets added or taken away, there is a curious lack of accountability from the actual staff, and the (paying) userbase are left confused.

Why can we not drag from iTunes into our playlists anymore? Why can we not order our playlist columns as we see fit?

So a detailed, easily accessible, log after each update would sort this. In this log should be a list of all the changes made with each update, and with the reasons why the changes were made. This is most important.

We pay for this service. Why should we be left utterly confused with each update? We're left to scurry over to this forum, where your lackeys (who actually aren't on the development team) have no choice but to say 'I don't know' to each question, and with each request to implement back a feature in the Ideas section, the only response is 'This is not a priority'.

What's wrong with some honesty, eh?

Updated on 2018-10-03

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange with your feedback.

We're keeping this status as 'Not Right Now' for the time being.

Right now, we don't have plans to implement a detailed change log with both changes and reasoning behind it for every app update. For news about updates we've made, please keep an eye here on the Idea Exchange as well as on our News Blog

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts, and we'll check back in here if we have any other info.

Thanks.

Comments
Jᴀᴄᴋ

@meahtenoha This should be reconsidered.

SlatanicS

This needs to be taken more seriously. Why is Spotify ignoring this?

Fortunately I read about the widget elimination before update my app because when I had tried to look for the change log information was impossible to find. 

2019 and we need this

traynoronline

Changelogs really should not be an optional thing. Some part of Spotify always breaks when I update to the latest version (it's one of the main reasons I have automatic updates turned off). Having a changelog would allow users to understand what changes may have caused a bug, allowing us to identify a previous version that does work and roll back to it without having to go through the pain of speaking to support and being given generic troubleshooting steps like reinstall the app, restart the device, etc.

Not only does this make life so much less painful for Spotify users who have some technical ability to do this kind of troubleshooting themselves, but it would also reduce the workload of the support teams, since people would be better equipped to debug themselves first before turning to these support teams.

WilliamZWang

Shady canned answers, distancing language with no real disclosure like this is the reason I switch to Apple Music. 

SlatanicS
  • The issues continues with every update. Now every time I update the app my offline music is deleted. Is happening in a galaxy s10 and a Motorola g8 Plus. It's unbelievable how bad this service has become. 
danteslament

It is beyond comprehension to me, as an IT professional, that any software would be so brazen as to not post a change log.  Those of us who support computers, and the people using those computers, need to understand any changes to security to ensure compliance with internal and external entities.

Come on Spotify - it is time to adopt transparency and help out ALL people who use your software.

Frank_XLT

Lack of respect for the user. 

Grensorcer

This thread has been going on for 4 years, and there is still no intention from Spotify to do it. It is a nice and simple way to communicate with customers and would allow us to completely enjoy the app. Right now, we can't know the last released features, nor can we know why some features disappear.

@melody, may we know why Spotify has refused to implement this feature on macOS and iOS? Such feature would allow me to know why I have to spend my resources to update the Spotify application. It makes no sense to refuse to implement such a common-sense feature that has been requested by many people over an extended period of time...