Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Changelog after each Update (In-App)

With each new update, no matter what gets added or taken away, there is a curious lack of accountability from the actual staff, and the (paying) userbase are left confused.

Why can we not drag from iTunes into our playlists anymore? Why can we not order our playlist columns as we see fit?

So a detailed, easily accessible, log after each update would sort this. In this log should be a list of all the changes made with each update, and with the reasons why the changes were made. This is most important.

We pay for this service. Why should we be left utterly confused with each update? We're left to scurry over to this forum, where your lackeys (who actually aren't on the development team) have no choice but to say 'I don't know' to each question, and with each request to implement back a feature in the Ideas section, the only response is 'This is not a priority'.

What's wrong with some honesty, eh?

Updated on 2018-10-03

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange with your feedback.

We're keeping this status as 'Not Right Now' for the time being.

Right now, we don't have plans to implement a detailed change log with both changes and reasoning behind it for every app update. For news about updates we've made, please keep an eye here on the Idea Exchange as well as on our News Blog

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts, and we'll check back in here if we have any other info.

Thanks.

Comments
thmasker

Hey, I'm just wondering if it is somehow possible to see the information on any new release...

midoriha_senpai

@moderator Can we get this idea reconsidered? It's been years since the last official update.

Drakken

The fact there's still no way to find out what's changed each time an update is released and apparently no plans to implement this - for a program/service we're paying for every month - is kinda mind-boggling.

hasan-ozbey

Not right now? You lazy devs

adam_jannetta

This is ridiculous.  How do you expect to increase adoption of new features and enhancements if the user base doesn't know what is new with each release?  Let alone what issues have been fixed...

dageka

Are you implying that things get fixed? heh

dysphisback

Bumping this.

midoriha_senpai

It takes maybe a day or two of work to get a decent soft launch of a fully automated web app that pulls from their Git commit messages. 🤦🤦🤦

ParentalControl

I would like to suggest that Spotify Developers specify more details on "app updates" and "new feature" roll outs.

Many times I've seen Spotify announce new features. ie: Updated Library, Home page "What's New" Bell Icon, Home page update adding shortcuts and etc. With all of these updates comes a "Roll-out" period where many people get the features over time. But we need to have in-app notifications showing us what is going on and also, this is the most important part, what bugs or quirks that we can expect to experience during the roll out.

Many times I've gotten new features half released onto my account and causing very strange and weird glitches and bugs. For them to only be fixed on Thursdays (example https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Spotify-on-iPhone-stopped-working-suddenly-when-upd...). Which I noticed is a trend with Spotify its always fixed on Thursdays. You never say it officially but Thursdays are your sever side roll out and bug fix day. You always left my account broken or unusable or glitchy while rolling out new features for it only to be fixed one week later on a Thursday! Nearly every issue I have had has been fixed through a app update with no details other then "Bug Fixes" and absolutely no details as to why it's always Thursday my account gets fixed server side. So give us details on Thursday what was done each week! Like Say hey it's "Update Thursday" and announce what's going on!

TL:DR I want more App/Account update transparency. Tell us individually or as a group the date when you will fix stuff (make Thursday Launch/bug fix day official and list details) or launch new features on our individual account. Along with what weird bugs, issue to expect! Rather then giving us vague generic trouble shooting solutions such as "clean install" Spotify and try again. 

nambrosch

An unfathomable number of applications have a basic dialogue box that appears when your software is updated indicating what's new since the last time you restarted your app, dividing into categories like 1) new, 2) improved, 3) fixed.  Please spotify be smart.