Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customizing Spotify (Skins & Layout)

In such a highly customizeable world, where are the themes for spotify? My google chrome is wood theme and my text messaging app is an 19th century journal. Could spotify match? I think so. 

Thanks, 

Life-long user. 

Updated on 2023-03-21

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Take care.
Comments
Folstad

Add skins for spotify, some brighter skins could be somthing 😃

itskaysterr

skins would be amazing.

don't make it for just premium users, that's stupid. 

at least make it possible for different themes or something! 

Rocio

Hello Geoone84,

I am going to merge your idea to the "Customizing Spotify (skins)" since it seems the main feature you are requestin here. Please create separated ideas for the other ones (we cant update ideas which contains more than one)

Thanks for your contribution and feedback, you all make Spotify a better service!

rmwendl2

This would definitely be a great idea Spotify!

Chris_Nixx

Something like this?testskin.jpg

Menacy1

It is already possible to change the skin.

The problem is it requires quite some time to do so and you gotta redo it after each update.

1. Locate spotify folder with resources.zip file in it

2. Backup this file

3. Extract it to a new resources folder so you can work with the files

4. You can change the bitmap files and the skin.xml file to your likes

5. Drag the changed files/folders back to resources.zip (while Spotify is closed) - Files get rewritten

6. Restart Spotify

I wanted a darker skin. Like I mentioned in a help topic I'm still missing a few elements:

Spotify New Skin.JPG

Let's hope your idea is implemented soon. 😄

krikelin

I assume you loose the skind when Spotify self-update 😞

Menacy1

Yes you gotta redo it again. 😞

But I made an exact list with all steps from files I changed. So 3 minutes changing it back after each update is definitely worth it in my opinion. 😄 Of course you gotta save the altered bitmap files in a folder to avoid losing those.

The thing that takes the most time is finding out, what bitmap is what element in the player. Can drive you crazy. xD

Marco

An official skinning feature would really rock.

I loved the forum topics of my old media player: "Show your player".

Everyone posted screens of their customized players and you could share and get some ideas too for your own design.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people here would like to personalize not only their music with radio stations/playlists but also the player itself! So let's vote it up 😄

banankakan

Spotify wouldn't even need to make any skins since users will surely make their own for them! Like in Chrome, Firefox or Opera (even if these are browsers the concept is the same).