Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Other] Sony's 360 Reality Audio

Hello Friends,

i am using Spotify Premium since years. At the Moment i am missing some features like HD Streaming or Sony's new 360 Reality Audio.

Especially Reality Audio is truly a real gain and even more useful than HD Streaming. The 3D sound is literally phenomenal good and also Sportify should gradually deal with newer technologies.

Is this topic already planned? If it does not come, please tell it so your users can make a decision.

Updated on 2020-01-10

Hey folks, Spotify staff here.

We wanted to post an update as this idea has reached over 500 votes from our users.

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.
We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance.

Our blog is the best place to keep an eye out for any possible news or partnership updates.
Thanks for continuing to share your ideas and give us feedback in our Idea Exchange.

Comments
Renji91

Looking forward to it ❤️

Josemiguel93

I’d love to have this feature on Spotify since I really like the app but if I can’t get the most of the 360 sound I’m afraid it won’t be the ideal music app for me anymore. 

bmmikkelsen

Hi is there any developing in this era ? 

cof_hellfire

I been parts of the Spotify community for years. The 360 feature is currently available on other platforms. I unfortunately have to switch to take full advantage of my hardware. I would be more then happy to come back when 360 gets implemented. I'll keep checking back. Hopefully is soon.🤞

DenoBeno

Unlike HD Streaming, which a great majority of listeners simply can't hear, this one would indeed add value.

In my opinion,

1. some people with golden ears may be able to differentiate between Spotify quality and HD streaming if they listen very carefully on very expensive equipment.
  2. (Almost?) nobody can tell the difference without carefully listening to both several times and concentrating on specific parts of the songs where the difference may be hearable.
  3. Nobody can hear the difference  when listening on a phone or using Bluetooth headphones. Not even with the best overhead phones featuring AptX HD. 

Try it out for yourself here: http://abx.digitalfeed.net/spotify-hq.html 

360 Audio, yes. One can hear the difference and it sounds good.

denisnc

Sorry to disagree,  last week I was listening to the last Iron Maiden's album (Senjutsu) and the quality was not satisfying, maybe because I have the CD and am used to listen to it. It made me search again for another service and the hifi/ultra hd qualities available in other services was very noticeable, even listening in my phone with BT headphones. I started using spotify due to the extreme quality option, but now it is the worst of all services by far ( maybe only better than youtube). 

Either way, with Spotify being now freely used as an open space for antivaxxers and other fake news distribution, sound quality is no longer even the matter.

Just to contribute to the topic, I found last week that Amazon Music Unlimited is charging the same price for a plan with ultra hd, 360 and dolby atmos...great option for now...

Sanguinarius

Even better, Amazon Music Unlimited Family (6 users) is £2 a month cheaper than Spotify family and it appearers you still get HD and 360!

Furrecuko

I really don't get the hype about 360 audio.

alexreyes3001

I been Spotify for years, but I'll be on the need of leaving the platform I would love to come back when you will have available 360 audio.

spiritsavage

Long time subscriber, and I'll be on for longer with 3D Audio!  Would be super cool!