Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Other] Sony's 360 Reality Audio

Hello Friends,

i am using Spotify Premium since years. At the Moment i am missing some features like HD Streaming or Sony's new 360 Reality Audio.

Especially Reality Audio is truly a real gain and even more useful than HD Streaming. The 3D sound is literally phenomenal good and also Sportify should gradually deal with newer technologies.

Is this topic already planned? If it does not come, please tell it so your users can make a decision.

Updated on 2020-01-10

Hey folks, Spotify staff here.

We wanted to post an update as this idea has reached over 500 votes from our users.

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.
We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance.

Our blog is the best place to keep an eye out for any possible news or partnership updates.
Thanks for continuing to share your ideas and give us feedback in our Idea Exchange.

Comments
LauriWarsen

Can we get an update on this feature? I would absolutely love to have this feature in Spotify!

aldopopp

A must if they want to keep up with the competition

Mikapott

Please hurry up with the decision of integrating the sony 360 reality audio. Meanwhile I’m moving over to Tidal or one of the others that allready found out it is a good idea. But im coming back when you are ready with the good sound 🤟

mosohodPeti

Great idea! 🙂

VenamousV

This idea sounds  great 😉 !!!

Elephant_Rider

Do it Spotify! Tidal has this, you should too.

Insp

Make this happen Spotify!

bierman427

I totally agree! Supporting advanced 3D codecs like Sony 360 Reality Audio, Atmos, etc
is a must now if you intend to remain a leader in this market or even keep up. This
isn't just a lossless matter going forward.

A very major competitor named after a large jungle rain forest in South America is
ahead of Spotify and now offers an HD, UltraHD, supports 3D Dolby and Sony codecs, has
a robust catalog, and a reasonably priced family plan. Unless Spotify gets onboard
soon, this could change everything. They will be a much greater rival and threat with
this new additional offering than Deezer, Tidal.

I haven't tried it yet, just found it tonight, but I intend to trial it.

denisnc

I'm a premium subscriber for awhile now, and the reason why I loved spotify was the superior sound quality of the extreme option, but now it is really falling behind. High fidelity audio (16 or 24bits) and 360 reality audio are really major reasons why I'm considering changing my streaming provider, and it would be nice to at least hear if there are plans to have it in spotify so we can consider staying for a little more time.

Melody
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2020-01-10

Hey folks, Spotify staff here.

We wanted to post an update as this idea has reached over 500 votes from our users.

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.
We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance.

Our blog is the best place to keep an eye out for any possible news or partnership updates.
Thanks for continuing to share your ideas and give us feedback in our Idea Exchange.