Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Other] Time to feature Dolby Atmos

I can do that very briefly. Don't let Tidal overtake you. Tidal now supports Dolby Atmos. I am a musician and work as a sound engineer. Atmos and similar formats are now gaining more and more interest. That is why Tidal now has a corresponding offer. I can only recommend Spotify to do so, otherwise you will lose users to the competition.

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
jayallenvideo

Don't let the tidal wave hit you. Atmos is the future.

samrstarks

Given apple music is now allowing this, I am heavily considering switching music streaming platforms. I love spotify and there are so many more features offered than other competitors, but this is a heavily weighted feature to me personally and could be enough to cause me to switch platforms. Spotify, don't make me leave you!

Stine2009

Please 🙏🙏🙏🙏

Stine2009

Don’t let tidal win!!

jasonluvsspoti

I just signed up for three months of apple music for spatial audio. At the end of three months I'll decide if I will cancel spotify. I'm a huge spotify fan. huge. But this is a game changer for the music industry and spotify needs to keep up in this competitive tech industry to survive. Good luck friends. 

Kawa14

I have upgraded my Home Theater System which accommodates Dolby Atmos/DTX/DTS and Dolby Vision etc. Honestly, as time persists and sound quality improves overtime from the "Old Stereo Sound" to Dolby Atmos it is a sheer exhilarating experience to say the least. Other music platforms are offering this sound experience and sadly Spotify is not perturbed by it? Only to wait for a show of votes to make their minds up, boggles the mind. Get with the program or lose subscriptions, it's happening now and fast. I myself, hardly use Spotify now because I prefer the Atmos sound offered by other Music formats. If you don't catch a wake up now, you're going to wonder why your paycheck is less than what it used to be.

Mario
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

ddeihl

With AirPods Pro and AirPods Max, I would absolutely love to experience Atmos surround sound on Spotify. As I hear more about Apple Music supporting these mixes especially for their headphones, I’m really starting to rethink if Spotify is worth it in the long run. Please keep up the updates and support so you don’t get surpassed by other streaming platforms or people will start to switch!

Munashe

I had recently came back from Apple Music to Spotify because Spotify has fixed all the issues I had when using Spotify 

but I then noticed that Apple Music has now introduced Dolby atoms 

i listen to the crisp audio from Apple Music and Compared it to Spotify (I even put the WiFi streaming quality on very high ) but it still couldn’t compare to Apple Music’s Dolby atoms feature. I really am impressed with the progress Spotify has made but this feature really needs to come to Spotify 

tonyren_tr5

Spotify please let this happen as soon as possible! Don't let this major feature be the reason why you're bankrupt. I'm an Apple Music user (who really enjoyed spatial audio for a week) going to switch to Spotify and be using it for the next 3 months, but if I don't hear you introduce Dolby Atmos spatial audio, then I will leave you and never come back to you again after the 3 months.