Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Playlists] Move track to top or bottom in playlist with 1 click

My idea is when you right-click on a track in your playlist, there is an option that says "move track to top" or "Move track to bottom" now I have to drag the track to the top myself and with over 1500 tracks in my playlist it takes some time to do, because when you pre-save a track it comes to the top of your playlist and when you add a track by yourself in comes to the bottom. Make a feature that you can move tracks to the top or bottom of your playlist with 1 -click.

move to.png

Updated on 2021-06-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
thafog

I'm amazed that years after my leave this option and overall song rearranging (eg. not working scroll during song drag) is still a thing.

linocolombeen

When is this finally happening?!! Is there anyone actually working at spotify?

new_songs_2_top_pls

Just give us an option to add songs to the top of the playlist, not just the default option of adding to the bottom ffs

MauroArce73

EX:
When i search for tracks and choose a few songs to add my playlist  "XXX"

Lets say its 5 songs and all of them will be placed at the bottom of that playlist.
If my playlist has 1K tracks and i need to put them at the top becuz when i select that playlist i want to litsen those latest tracks will be att the bottom of that playlist

Thats very annoying.

Request 1
create a function to select by date / The latest track always at the top and not the bottom.  

Request 2
Mark the tracks and you want move the to the top of that list in one klick

( right-clicking the mouse ) NOT scrolling those up i a slow matter. It takes almost 1 min to move them up. The longer the list the longer it takes to move all the way up

Request 3
Make this avelible on the application and computers

Hope we can see this soon or a solution would be appreciated

BR 

piwa

I was about to get a subscription for Spotify,
Making my playlists and looking for this feature...

And I can't believe what I'm reading here !!
Everybody is waiting for this since 2019 :')

Well I'll pass on my subscription @spotify until you get this B A S I C feature in !

lucasjacs

I've got this same problem right now and I came up with a workaround a little bit... odd, but it may work for you (mainly if you have reaaally long playlists - and don't care about the "Date added" information)!

Step-by-step (shortcuts tested in Linux, but probably work in Windows as well):

1. Select all songs from the playlist you want (CTRL+A);
  2. Copy them (CTRL + C);
  3. Delete them all;
  4. Add your song (it will be the only song in the playlist, and therefore, at the top as well);
  5. Paste your songs (CTRL + V).
  6. Be happy!

EDIT: If anything go wrong, you can undo what you've just done by pressing CTRL+Z

OBS: As previously mentioned, it WILL UPDATE ALL THE "DATE ADDED" OF YOUR SONGS, so don't say I didn't warn you haha

OBS2: If you really like the "date added" you can make two playlists: "My playlist with date added" and "My sorted playlist", but you'll have to "maintain" both playlists so they have the same songs (you can check by seeing its length / duration, beneath its title)

ExoTraveler

This is a must-have feature. There is literally no easy way to get a newly-added playlist song to the top. It takes forever and is just painful. 

snogards99
I cannot believe this is broken again (browser) wth kinda coding environment do they have ? Does Spotify need more money or ?
givbac

Any update since June of 2021??

snogards99
worse. the abilities to select and move multiple songs up/down the list.
This was fixed (an alternative to 1-click, and slow) and is now broken
again. I guess Spotify doesn't have enough money and power yet, or too
much, not give a **bleep** about basic programming standards?