Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Playlists] Upload GIFs as Playlist Covers

I think it would be really great if Spotify could allow GIFs to be uploaded as Spotify Playlist Covers - it would add a nice touch of personality to each playlist and make it pop even more! I really like the animated covers of some Spotify Playlists and it would be really cool if we could do something similar with our playlists

This idea has been submitted a few times before but I genuinely love the idea and think it deserves another shot at voting and I hope it gets enough votes this time! 🙂

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the previous Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
picksley

This would be brilliant!

However, I can imagine it becoming a low-quality fest of flashing images to completely throw off the user-experience. So maybe limited usage or guidelines?

Gabe7070

This would help to add that extra stylization and personality to your playlists! 🙂

MartinStoichkov
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2019-04-02

Hello there!
This idea has been submitted one year ago, but unfortunately hasn’t gained enough votes during that time (100 votes/year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, this idea will be closed for now. Note that this does not mean the idea has been declined by Spotify.
Please feel free to re-post this idea if you still feel you want this implemented. With a little change in presentation, maybe this time it will gain the necessary support from the community. 

cassiecaskinz

It would be super cool if users could upload GIF playlist covers. I've really been loving the animated covers of Spotify generated playlists and it would neat to be able to personalize some of my own. 

This idea has been submitted before (see below), but those ideas are now closed. I think this deserves another chance to get enough votes. 

Spoiler
Playlist Covers, GIFs, Upload GIF, Spotify Playlists, Custom Playlist Art, Covers, Playlist, GIF Playlist, GIF Playlist Covers

Noah
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2019-04-28

Marked as a new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search 🙂

This idea is a repost of this inactive idea.

Luke
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update 2020-05-14: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2020-05-11

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form 🙂

Have a nice day!

Luke

Katerina
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-05-14

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

This is a repost of this inactive idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

ErikBlues

Really good idea!

Jules7924

This shouldve bern implemented a long tone ago

MadmanOnWheels

For a while, I've had an idea for a playlist of a couple certain genres, because of a particular gif file.