Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Podcasts] Add Podcasts from RSS URL, for Patreon and other Private Private Streams

There have been a few similar posts, and the most recent one was ~5 votes from passing, so I'm going to try submitting this again.

Wouldn't it be amazing if you could add a podcast to your feed from an RSS URL? Did you sign up for a patreon and not know how to listen to your special new feed?

This request is to add the ability to add a podcast from an RSS feed. This opens a lot of doors, and theoretically isn't that difficult to implement.

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the previous Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
osornios
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2019-12-05

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Wlcons

would very much like this for all my patreon exclusive content. bump 

FuriousStyles1

I might actually start using Spotify to listen to podcasts if this were possible.  Maybe not though because PocketCasts is just so much better imo.

moraf

Yes, please! I have to use other podcasts apps only to listen to premium podcasts.

Spotify could really invest some more work into the podcast part: notifications, automatic download, ... 

benMTL

Yeah this would make Spotify so much better. We're almost there to have it considered. Let's do this!

moraf

Isn't 100 votes enough? Why hasn't Spotify commented?

It would be nice, as a Spotify Premium subscriber, to have a half-decent podcast functionality built in (notifications, auto download, delete after listening, custom url for premium podcasts), ...

Mellowmatt

Adding my voice that this is a MUST feature for me to switch over to Spotify for podcasts. As of right now, I am having to switch between two apps so that I have my patreon content and my LPOTL content. And honestly; that is making me listen to way less content than I was before because I forget to check Spotify.

joel2762

Glad I'm not the only one looking for this feature. Was interested in switching from Apple podcasts but when I discovered there was no option for custom URL feeds in Spotify's app, I couldn't believe it and had to search, which is how I landed here on the forum to find Spotify's glaring ignorance to this feature for many years.

glaros

I sincerely wish (no, I demand) that Spotify add this feature.  It can't be that hard, and it would add SO much value to the experience.  I like to sort my Sleep With Me podcast into different story lines using Spotify's awesome playlist feature.  I can't make permanent playlists in Apple Podcasts (at least I don't know how).  I can tell you right now, that if Spotify added the ability to listen to my Patreon subscription podcast feeds, it would become my EXCLUSIVE source of podcasts.

JasonWThompson

I was astonished that I couldn't do this. This feels like a basic feature.