Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android Auto] Show Podcasts Menu in Android Auto

The podcasts menu available in the library section of the phone app should be accessible also in Android Auto !

This idea is not new, has been requested before - and has 130 votes !! Should not have been closed as inactive !!

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Android-Auto-Show-Podcast-in-Menu/idi-p/1603955

plus duplicates

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Podcasts-on-Android-Auto/idi-p/4444479

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Android-Other-Android-Auto-podcasts-menu-absent-list-s...

Updated on 2021-06-07

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
FrisbeeDude

This is simple and basic functonality. Please make it happen!

niczak

This seems like an absolute no brainer!  It is very frustrating that I have to use a separate 3rd party app to listen to podcasts in my car when I already subscribe/listen from Spotify.

Please add this feature!

heidifroelich

If this feature is available in Apple Car Play why is it not available in Android Auto.  I'd really love to know why it isn't.  Was it on purpose left off?  Was it forgotten? Is it a simple bug? I'm part of a discussion about allowing podcasts to be added to playlists but this is really the issue that I'm trying to have resolved.  Come on Spotify.  I pay for premium and I can't have the same functions as an Apple user?  Why not?

szepzoli

Hey Guys,

This idea has 117 votes right now. By when can we expect this feature/bug delivered? 

Best

Zoli

JaznGibzn

Now at 120+ votes... previous one they closed for inactivity had 230+ - so why was it closed in the first place? 

I agree w/ the others - this is basic functionality that needs to be included. As android auto starts showing up in more and more cars (and aftermarket head units) the demand will only go up!

szepzoli

Dear Spotify,

Can you please update us regarding to this idea? Should we forget it? Will it be scoped? If yes, what is the realistic date of going live?

Thank you and Regards,

Zoli

thech1mp

Recently brought a new car with Spotify installed, I have logged into my account and there is no podcast menu! How do we get Spotify to sort this its a joke? I want everything in one place. I may switch to itunes as its so much easier. How can we contact them direct for an anser please?

heidifroelich

I wish I knew how to contact them directly cause I'd plague them with this.  All I can see to do is keep getting this idea some votes and get them to pay attention that way.  Also part of a thread to be able to add podcasts to a playlist.  Both of the ideas to me seem to be common sense.  If you can boost this link through your social media channels it might get a bit more momentum.

sz_cynl51-aea

This doesn't seem like a feature request, but rather a bug fix. Shouldn't take this long to fix this issue!

br2f5522

This is for sure a missing key feature. I'm using a different app only to listen podcasts in my car and this is the place where i hear podcasts most of my time. I also have to exclude podcasts which are only available on Spotify.