Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android Auto] Show Podcasts Menu in Android Auto

The podcasts menu available in the library section of the phone app should be accessible also in Android Auto !

This idea is not new, has been requested before - and has 130 votes !! Should not have been closed as inactive !!

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Android-Auto-Show-Podcast-in-Menu/idi-p/1603955

plus duplicates

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Podcasts-on-Android-Auto/idi-p/4444479

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Android-Other-Android-Auto-podcasts-menu-absent-list-s...

Updated on 2021-06-07

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Beejee

I don't get how this hasn't been fixed already.

How hard can it be to implement this...

Just add the button already.

I'm a programmer and this litterally takes less than 1 hour to implement.

Patcary

And the possibility to get the full list of albums from an artist search on android auto like the app can do.

Kg7901

Why is this still not a thing? I guess I'll need to find another app to listen to podcasts/music everywhere since Spotify clearly doesn't want android users listening to podcasts in their cars.

blutwotwo

If Spotify does not support podcast in Android Auto I will delete my account.  The primary reason for me to switch to Spotify is to have music and podcasts in one app for my daily commute.

mitchhawkins

Just moved from iPhone to Android and happily discovered Spotify had improved it's podcast functionality and included most of my favorite shows. I could stick to using my premium account for music and podcasts in one app and enjoyed the darker UI over Apple Podcasts.

Unfortunately it did not spark joy when I realised that my podcasts are completely missing on Android Auto!! Loved the UI compared with CarPlay but where are my podcasts?! I was able to use Apple Podcasts on CarPlay since 2016!!

Seriously Spotify, this shouldn't even be a request. Surely your staff would have realised that podcasts is missing in their Android Auto...

This is a low blow when paying subscribers get less functionality than a free app...will be reconsidering my subscription and in the meantime I have to find a new podcast app. Thanks

heidifroelich

I know @mitchhawkins, it's heartbreaking isn't it to realise there is such a huge difference between platforms.  And spotify can't even be bothered commenting.  I use iheartradio a bit now - nowhere near as good in general but at least I can see a listing of podcasts on Android Auto.  I have even been bitching to Android Auto but nothing seems to get any attention.  I've posted on Facebook too.

br2f5522

Do not forget Audio Books. I just realized that there is also no menu or category with Android Car

mitchhawkins

@heidifroelich exactly! at first I felt stupid because I couldn't find where in the menu they were, and there aren't many articles about it online. I got frustrated and didn't bother trying any of the other listening features, just put the radio back on. Not a great feeling as a consumer.

You'd think since Spotify recently aquired three podcast network companies and is going on a $500m aquisition spree in 2019, that they were getting serious about podcasts on the platform. However, the lack of recognition of product shortfalls doesn't inspire much confidence. 

22% of podcast listeners doing so while driving! Spotify have chosen not to make a normalised feature available on Android Auto. 

Spotify, are you serious about being in this arena? Let us know so we can otherwise move on.

szepzoli

Does anybody follow this topic up from Spotify? Probably we just add some comments time to time, but nobody takes care of them.

JockoPablo

Came here to ask for this very thing. I just read the other day that Spotify is going to start highlighting podcasts on the app. It would make sense if you could access those podcasts while on the road.

I'm just using the Google Podcasts app for now. It's inconvenient switching back and forth, but Google Podcasts is built in to AA anyway, like it or not, so might as well use it.