Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android][Developer] Android 13 Media Player

(This problem is solved on the latest beta version of Spotify for Android, thanks for all who replied and voted to this <3)

Hi, currently the Android version of the app is running in SDK target of 31, because of that, the media player in Android 13 is not fully adapted to it, with the background image in low resolution and no redesign, if you guys update the app to the SDK target of 33 the app will run perfectly in the current version of Android, with the new design, (the problem of low res background is still occuring). Here are some screenshots:

SDK 33 With themed play/pause buttonSDK 33 With themed play/pause buttonSDK 31 With no themed play/pause buttonSDK 31 With no themed play/pause button

Updated on 2022-09-05

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
tommy_chillfige

what version? I don't see it on 8.7.86.414

moshjinton

I don't see it in beta 8.7.86.422 either

tommy_chillfige

confirmed i have it now in 8.7.92.192. thanks spotify

calamar-87

I have Android 13 in Samsung S22+, Spotify version app 8.8.0.347. Why dont have I the new player interface at notification bar?

Jammie16
Hi, the new interface is only available for Google Pixel devices, since
OneUI interface doesn't have the same design as Google's UI