Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Landscape mode on Now Playing view

When using my phone in the car I put it in a car holder. The holder is horizontal in order to have better view for navigation etc. I use spotify also a lot in the car but when using the playing music I'm not able to rotate the screen but the playlists dose rotate

Comments
fedtemis

Get your **bleep** together and reimplement this feature.

fedtemis

Cool, the new now playing screen are able to be forced into landscape. This proves that the layout will work in landscape. It looks like **bleep** with the tiny album art, but hey.

Screenshot_20190424-130236.png

kennymccartney

Hi @fedtemis , what version are you on? I got an update this morning to 8.5.2.759 but I'm still stuck in portrait mode.

fedtemis

Oh, I'm still stuck with portrait mode as well. But with third party apps forcing landscape mode for android entirely (search for force landscape mode in whatever app store), I'm able to produce the result seen in my previous post.

skrabaljan

Hey Spotify, is this realy what you want?

Do you realy think, that this is the way how we should solve this problem?

It stinks to high heaven, the way how you don't care about your premium users.

Here in ongoing Issues are 2 topics about the same problem, together it is more than 150 votes, and you are still on NOT RIGHT NOW status.

😄 😄 😄 😄

You are laughable...

Marcialaw

Same here. Updated. Restarted.

Federico17

So I updated again today and now i get a "canvas" (like a short movie clip) of the artist when in Now Playing mode which for me looks terrible. At least I can deactivate it. Still however, no landscape view. It's been 3 weeks and many people complaining and still nothing. Maybe like the silly canvas thing you could give the user the option to have landscape view 

skrabaljan

@Federico17 wrote:

So I updated again today and now i get a "canvas" (like a short movie clip) of the artist when in Now Playing mode which for me looks terrible. At least I can deactivate it. Still however, no landscape view. It's been 3 weeks and many people complaining and still nothing. Maybe like the silly canvas thing you could give the user the option to have landscape view 

Frederico, please read the whole thread about this problem, it's not 3 weeks, here are people who have this problem since 2018 !!!
Jacko31970

@fedtemis wrote:

Cool, the new now playing screen are able to be forced into landscape. This proves that the layout will work in landscape. It looks like **bleep** with the tiny album art, but hey.

@fedtemis 

Are you using software to force the landscape mode?  Or is it native Spotify?

What version of Spotify are you using?

It would help the group if you provided some further details.

Ian

fedtemis

@Jacko31970

@fedtemis wrote:

Oh, I'm still stuck with portrait mode as well. But with third party apps forcing landscape mode for android entirely (search for force landscape mode in whatever app store), I'm able to produce the result seen in my previous post.