Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Landscape mode on Now Playing view

When using my phone in the car I put it in a car holder. The holder is horizontal in order to have better view for navigation etc. I use spotify also a lot in the car but when using the playing music I'm not able to rotate the screen but the playlists dose rotate

Comments
H_Jay

This is so stupid. Why did Spotify remove this? Now I just can't play Spotify in my car or whatever reason I like to ply Spotify horizontally. Why change a working thing like this?

Amfw21

Well, updating to the latest app is what caused this problem. How about Spotify NOT eliminate features that people enjoy, and include notes on changes with the update so people can make educated decisions about how their device performs?

preadfish

Install older version and stick to it + disable auto updates in Play Store does the trick.

Jacko31970
Any idea what version last supported landscape 'Now Playing'?
Jacko31970

I'd urge everyone to do the online chat with Spotify.  This is what I got back...

MODERATORS - There are lots of forums about landscape mode not working, could they be amalgermated.  Or do you feel it's better for lots of small posts?

Info at 18:13, May 5:
Hey there! Thanks for contacting Spotify Support. You're chatting with Roma C..

MY NAME at 18:13, May 5:
When I use Spotify on my Android in landscape, all screens work in landscape (or portrait) apart from the 'Playing Now' screen which is ONLY displayed in portrait.  How do I get the 'playing now' screen to display in landscape mode?

Roma C. at 18:15, May 5:
Let me check on this for you 🙂
Please bear with me for a minute or two.

MY NAME at at 18:15, May 5:
ok

Roma C. at 18:15, May 5:
Thank you.

Roma C. at 18:18, May 5:
Are you referring to the Now Playing View?

MY NAME at 18:18, May 5:
Yes

Roma C. at 18:18, May 5:
Thanks for the confirmation.  Currently, we do not have an option to change Now Playing View on landscape mode but you can definitely add your voice to our Spotify community at http://community.spotify.com/.

MY NAME at 18:22, May 5:
I have. But it seams Spotify are ignoring the hundreds of comments on the forum asking for the feature back.

Roma C. at 18:23, May 5:
I'm sorry to hear if you feel that way but please be assure that we're always considering those feedback and the possibilities for future changes on the app.  No worries MY NAME I'll make sure to forward your feedback to the right folks here at Spotify 🙂  We're always aiming to improve our features so I hope you’ll continue to use it and find it gets better in future.

MY NAME at 18:24, May 5:
... ok, we will need to wait until spotify gets its **bleep** in gear.

sapasss

Thx for the idea but how can we get back to older version?? 

@preadfish wrote:

Install older version and stick to it + disable auto updates in Play Store does the trick.

Votto

Hi Spotify! Do you have any update to fix this issue?

Jacko31970

Votto, I don't think Spotify actually read these messages.  I think it's purly here for us to passify and empathise with each other.  Spotify never reply to comments.

DaUsername
I'm just about ready to retire my subscription. I'm tired of having landscape orientation constantly being removed.
lindenii

This is happening in my Pixel 2. Very frustrating, a dangerous while driving.