Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android][Other] Improve the Spotify icon for rounded icons

Hello! The android Spotify icon recently got updated with a black border. For anyone with a dark or black wallpaper, the icon now appears to be smaller than all the other icons on the phone because the black blends in the the backdrops, making it look really off-putting and out of place.

Looked a lot nicer when the logo took up the whole space! Not sure if iPhone users would have the same issue, but it would make sense they do.

HopwHopef this can be easily adjusted!

Updated on 2019-10-03

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments

Even without a dark background it now looks odd compared to other icons. Please put it back as it was.

greatish

For once was quite happy with my Android Spotify app (having switched from iOS not so long ago) and now have this "beautiful" icon. Please bring the previous icon back! 

ltrainismyname

Agreed. I  wanted to know what was wrong with the icon so I searched the internet and found this post. 

Bonembud

It's really ugly, both with a dark a non-dark wallpaper! It's bad and nonsensical design. Screenshot_20190425_121956_com.huawei.android.launcher.jpg

Screenshot_20190425_122049_com.huawei.android.launcher.jpg

drkglb

I agree. This new icon ruins my home screen. Please give us the old icon back !! I have no idea what could be wrong with it.

G_Loc

What genius came up with this idea?

Someone987

It looks absolutely terrible. Who approved of this ugly black border???

KarlScharl

I'd like to have this changed on behalf of the community, although it doesn't bother me since I just change the icon myself lolz

Soulcyber

Hope to see the old icon coming back soon. The new one is too small compared to the others and it looks ugly with dark and white background 

LRawlins

Yes, this was ill advised. Spotify now looks like it has a black eye in folders. I'm not sure what the goal was here but it doesn't gel with the rest of the UI or "Marketing 101" to have an artificially tiny logo sat against the likes of Apple Music and YouTube Premium on a potential customer's device.

Please reverse this, and since I'm curious - explain what the aim was?