[Android Wear] Offline Music

Please add offline music support to the wearable without need to be connected to the main phone /tablet.

Eg Bluetooth headphones connected to my smartwatch listening to music while I'm running.

This is now supported by the watch OS http://officialandroid.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/jogging-and-jamming-with-android-wear.html?m=1

Updated on 2018-09-06

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We're marking this as a 'Good Idea, vote for it'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea.

We'll continue to check out the feedback here too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know!

Thanks.

Comments
Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21
Status changed to: New Idea

Sooty
This is a must. Looking forward to not taking my phone with me whilst on a run.
dwyermj

This has to happen.  Phones are too big to run with and the only way to bring spotify with me on my run.

czaplinpl

Yes, great idea! Google Music supports it now, but I prefer Spotify. 

scorp84

Good idea. Indeed!

VyseNice

I would love to see this as well. I don't want to jump ship in favor of Google Play, but I will if it's the only available option for this. I prefer Spotify in every way though, so I'll give it a couple of months to see if they let us know where they're at with this idea.

alamatpaul
Casual Listener
This is every runner music lover's dream!
maarnas
I definitely support this idea. Our user experience is evolving with the use of wearables (in my case Smartwatch 3) towards offline music and Spotify must be there also!
alamatpaul
Casual Listener
Offline Spotify on Sony smart watch 3 + offline running app = very happy runner = PR...
Cootesy

Please keep us informed of when this is activated - happy to beta test if that helps?