Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bring Back the Offline Devices List page

Bring back the offline devices list on the account page. it makes it easier to see what d

Updated on 2020-10-13

Hey folks,
We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.
We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any plans to reimplement right now.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks.

Comments
Esurient

Removing Offline Device management from the account page is something that should not have been done.

Many users who use smart watches such as the Gear S3 from Samsung are expericing issues with the Spotify app that logs itself as a different device each time the watch is restarted, leading to users using up more than 5 devices with just 1. 

This issue is very annoying due to, as stated the removed device from the list will have all of its downloaded music deleted.

Now imagine waking up to go to work, you open your laptop and Spotify is offline due to the firewall but you have no music to listen to because the device you are using has been replaced by another instance from your Smart Watch.

TLDR: Offline Device management should have never been removed as it hotfixes issues with compatibility on some devices.

MattSuda

Why was this account page removed? Please bring it back. Spotify is always removing useful features...

janevaljane

if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

the feature wasn’t broken, why would you fix it?

that feature was what helped me find out that my account was being sold online, it’s helpful to have.

harbin

What bright spark decided to remove what was a helpful feature designed for account security? Had an email about an attempted signin tonight. Not sure if they were successful or if there are any sneaky accounts beyond the three I know are active.

For that matter, when is Spotify going to join the 21st century and implement 2FA?

PriorityGaming

Shame Spotify decided to remove such a useful feature. I keep getting emails saying there’s a new sign in when I’m actively/not using my account, and I don’t know who it is or how they keep getting my password. If I could see the device, maybe I’d have an idea but no, Spotify likes to remove useful features. And still haven’t implemented 2 factor authentication. At this point I might just get Apple Music

Melody
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2020-10-13

Hey folks,
We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.
We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any plans to reimplement right now.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks.

troubledpitcher

Completely baffled that this feature was ever removed?

Ripper

"Not Right Now"? This wouldn't even be necessary if the brainlets responsible for this moronic decision actually knew anything about account security.

PriorityGaming

So everyone will continue having issues with account security because you don’t know how to make 2FA! Yay

Iylia

Bring the features back or me and my spotify family members will change into apple music