Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Community] Remove the name "Remastered" from album and track titles by creating a stamp

Many album and track titles come with "Remastered". Is something too boring in both the album titles and the tracks: "Remastered". I took a print and marked it in red. Spotify should create a "Remastered" label and remove this from album and track titles.ffff.png

Observation:

There is another highly voted suggestion similar to mine that already has 500 votes. Link: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Your-Library-Edit-track-metadata/idi-p/5196177/page/3#co...

The two suggestions are similar and together they count over 800 votes and are suggesting the same thing: that the album and track titles are correct and in accordance with the standard norm.

Sem título.png

What will the team do?

Updated on 2021-11-29

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
CarlosE
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-10-05

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

MAL90

As someone paying for last.fm just so I can fix hideously labelled Spotify scrobbles - dear God, yes please.

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2021-10-12

Hey! Looks like that your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues to be supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your idea. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

ClutchSugar

maybe just add a different area for song info that includes the remaster date. but remove from title.

Decorum

I just want to second this. Glad to get remastered albums but maybe just have the remastered on the album title? On each song is a little overkill

artful_dodger59

Love this idea! As a music streamer I hate seeing "remastered" with the song title? If you want to do that Spotify just make another column? 

ArthRMH

just more 30 upvote guys, we can do it!

ScottAndMin

And for God's sake, please don't do the silly thing that eBay and a bunch of other ought-to-know-better companies do when they add some icon: e.g. if you add a 'star' icon next to something, when the user hovers over it in hopes of revealing what it represents, it should display "Remastered" and not "star" (forehead smack).

🙂

gabcoelhomusic

yes, please!

ArthRMH

180 VOTES WE MADE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (they don't wanna put it as a live idea idk why, so keep on voting 😼)