Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Crossfade on Spotify Connect

Please add Crossfade option while using Spotify Connect!!!

Why not have this option while using Connect???

Think of it, you use CONNECT when you want to send Spotify music to your sound system(i.e: CONNECT compatible Audio amplifier/receiver) when you're having a party. Wouldn't you want continuous playback in this kind of use??

I really do not understand why I would not be able to use this feature because I'm using the your streaming service with a compatible device which is partner with Spotify!!!

PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!! PLEASE! 

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
TimFromDenmark

Please add this .... Alexa miss it  (Echo Dot)

Phillie83

Tip: 

when using Spotify App DO NOT USE SPOTIFY CONNECT, Connect app and your Sound System via airplay. Than Crossfade works!!! 

BUT NOTE: Switch your mobile into flightmode because music stops in case of an incoming call. 

This is the only way to make crossfade work. 

VERY BAD AND NOT SATISFYING SPOTIFY!!!

TimFromDenmark

What do you mean by Ariplay?..... Thats an Apple proprietary protocol. I don't have Apple, I don't use Apple, And I don't want Apple products. 

Im using the spotify program for PC and under advanced /Playback, theres an option called "Crossfade songs".

This option is set to 12sec, and normal it will mix all the songs on a device (PC, mobile, stereo reciever), but NOT when your using Amazon's Alexa!

So sorry to say it, but thats a really bad tip.

Phillie83

1. read the Problem description!!!

2. First think before writing!!!

3. If you don't have Apple than you don't have Apple!!!

So ONLY for Apple users - what I posted will solve the crossfade problem WHEN USING THE MOBILE APP!

Just wanted to help... 

😉

bmcgregor3

Here is the work around I am going to try next week.  I have an onky txnr545 that receives apple airplay that I have not experimented with yet.  Any way I am going to try spotify playing directly from a windows laptop and connect to the receiver with a program called Airfoil from Rogue Ameoba.  The receiver is too far away from where we want to control the music to use bluetooth.   

I have also cancelled my premium spotify and am considering going old scholl and just buying music...

mina2102

@nicoboucher73 wrote:

Please add Crossfade option while using Spotify Connect!!!

Why not have this option while using Connect???

Think of it, you use CONNECT when you want to send Spotify music to your sound system(i.e: CONNECT compatible Audio amplifier/receiver) when you're having a party. Wouldn't you want continuous playback in this kind of use??

I really do not understand why I would not be able to use this feature because I'm using the your streaming service with a compatible device which is partner with Spotify!!!

PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!! PLEASE! 

Oh yes! It's absolutely neccessary, that crossfade can be used while listen music via Spotify CONNECT! Listen Spotify with my sound system via Bluetooth sounds realy bad (but here is Crossfade on going). So please, please, install crossfade for Spotify CONNECT!!! Greetings from Germany!

nicoboucher73

The truth is, Spotify does not care!!!

I totally agree that the Queue should be available on iPad juat like all the other versions of Spotify app!

This isn't an idea at all... 

Can someone tell me what the logic is behind having this feature if you can't view or edit the Queue???

Totally ridiculous!

Ever tried using the Queue feature while using CONNECT?? It repeats songs every second track!!! SPOTIFY KNOWS ABOUT THIS ISSUE BUT REFUSES TO FIX IT!!!

How about CROSS-FADE while using CONNECT?? Seems logical right?? Well SPOTIFY DOESN'T THINK SO!!!

LET'S GO PEOPLE OF THE SPOTIFY COMMUNITY!!! LET'S PUT PRESSURE ON SPOTIFY TO MAKE THESE THINGS HAPPEN!!!

WAKE UP SPOTIFY!!! GIVE YOUR PAYING USERS REAL SERVICE AND REAL FEATURES!!!

hejoseph

Just commenting to add, this is an essential for Spotify Connect. Please add or I will look at cancelling my Premium subscription and moving elsewhere.

Mecra

Hi All,

I just bought an Onkyo receiver that has Spotify Connect integrated, but what a disappointment to realise that the crossfade is unavailable. This is an absolutely essential option and using Airplay or Bluetooth instead defeats the whole purpose of having Spotify Connect incorporated. These sorts of workarounds should not have to exist. Please update your interface in order to include this option, as it seems to cause frustration among a substantial amount of users.

bmcgregor3

Keep the Dream Alive!!