Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Option to deactivate Spotify Connect

I want to have the opption to turn it off. Please fix this, i wan't to listen to music and still be online without connect starts.

Please fix this. 

Jag vill gärna kunna använda spotify på en telefon utan att den andra telefonen ska börja dra batteri för att ni kommit på denna tjänst utan en avstängningsfunktion. Då ni är Svenska som startat detta hoppas jag på att ni accepterar svensk text. Och en svensk meny till spotify hade varit trevligt. 🙂

Från en trogen användare sedan år tillbaka 🙂

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
pdelbeato

I do not understand how to explain better than you do...

brandondrury

I hit play on Spotify while mowing the yard.  The app indicates the music is playing, but no sound comes out.  The app (or my headphones) have clearly malfunctioned.  I switch to another app and music plays fine.  It turns out that Spotify was just chugging along on my computer down in my basement.  WHY???????????  I never asked for this.  The times I want to use my phone as a remote control are maybe 1% of the time.  

As always, why is there no option to enable and disable this feature in the settings?  

EarlPurple

I have found "Connect" useful as it is not possible to play a folder random from Android, but it works if I kick it off on the PC version and connect it to the android which continues to play random.

However it shouldn't "lose its place" like it had this morning when I started Spotify on my Android. And it should allow random playing of a playlist folder anyway.

Should be a choice though. We need play-queue bookmarks too. So I can bookmark my current play queue (on the device) and return to it later.

EarlPurple

We have been asking for this and the associated optional disabling of Spotify Connect since they introduced it.

Ability to bookmark a play queue is the simple thing. IF we can save our current play queue just like we can save a playlist, and then return to it, i.e. exactly the point we were when we saved it.

We should be able to "update" a bookmark too, so when we listen then stop, we can move the bookmark to where we are now.

Robijohn

Please just add a toggle for this feature. There is no reason to not add this. I don't want someone to use Alexa in my house then it starts playing the song on Spotify, interrupting me from using Spotify on my computer or phone. I don't see why this hasn't been added yet.

Sir-Jam-a-lot

IT'S A BUG, NOT A FEATURE!!!

My son is listening to Paw Patrol in my iPad to go to sleep.

I CANNOT LISTEN TO SPOTIFY on my Mac, because that f*cking bug won't let me listen to something different.

DISABLE THIS FEATURE IT IS F*CKING ANNOYING!

DailyRich

Add me to those wanting to be able to disable this.  I was listening on my phone while I was out for a walk, then wanted to keep listening on my PC when I got home.  But the audio played through my phone.  Then I switched it to my PC, but the app was still open and running on my phone.  This entire feature feels like a solution in search of a problem.

pgfaller

It is mind boggling that after all the feedback on this thread that this BUG has not been addressed!

Wasn't expecting how easy it would be to find threads on this issue. It's quite upsetting this has been discussed and ignored for so long. I just switched to Spotify after using Google Play Music for years, because the YouTube Music app is featureless hot garbage. Unfortunately, the few things I want from a music service no longer seem to all exist in one service. I'm trying to do exactly what everyone here wants, which I did throughout my use of Google Play Music. What is the reasoning for forcing us to continue playing the same song/queue when I switch devices?

I use the desktop app to find new music and build playlists (and play in the house), then I have some playlists set to download on the mobile app specifically to play in the car, with the intent of avoiding needing to touch my phone. If I'm listening to an non-downloaded queue in the house, then get in the car, the music stops once I leave wifi range and I have to mess with the app to pick one of my downloaded lists. Unacceptable. Each device should independently pick up where it left off.

Staff
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

Updated on 2020-11-04

Hi everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We're just checking in to let you know that we're keeping this as a 'Good Idea' for now.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this. 

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.

Thanks!