Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Option to deactivate Spotify Connect

I want to have the opption to turn it off. Please fix this, i wan't to listen to music and still be online without connect starts.

Please fix this. 

Jag vill gärna kunna använda spotify på en telefon utan att den andra telefonen ska börja dra batteri för att ni kommit på denna tjänst utan en avstängningsfunktion. Då ni är Svenska som startat detta hoppas jag på att ni accepterar svensk text. Och en svensk meny till spotify hade varit trevligt. 🙂

Från en trogen användare sedan år tillbaka 🙂

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
mitchman

I also just cancelled my premium account, an account I've had since Spotify started doing streaming. 

rhmarsh

Just chiming in to agree with the other commenters -- there needs to be a way to disable the Spotify Connect feature. It is hugely annoying to have my queues get messed up and disappear every day when switching between my mobile device and my work PC. I should be able to queue up different music on each device, and only sync those queues if I want to.

This seems like a pretty basic request, and I hope Spotify will rethink their decision not to do anything about it. I'm seriously considering cancelling my Premium account because I'm not sure having mobile access is worth all these queue issues. 

rhmarsh

Chiming in to agree -- there needs to be a way to disable the Spotify Connect feature. It is hugely annoying to have my queues get messed up and disappear every day when switching between my mobile device and my work PC. I should be able to queue up different music on each device, and only sync those queues if I want to.

I'm seriously considering cancelling my Premium account because I'm not sure having mobile access is worth all these queue issues. 

jakezze01

Spotify, LEARN YOUR LESSON. Stop forcing features on paying customers without any ability to control them. OR I WILL STOP PAYING and move to one of YOUR COMPETITORS. AND PAY THEM. AND CONTINUE TO PAY THEM EVEN IF THEIR SERVICE STINKS OUT OF SPITE. You are pissing off loyal customers at an astonishing rate this year. Knock the crap off. 

BristolBillyBob

I'm still not sure why this is listed under 'ideas'. This 'feature' is breaking me being able to play music on Spotify. Playing music uninterrupted, the thing I pay Spotify for, should not be classed as an 'idea'. This should be categorised as 'ongoing issues' at the very least, and only then because there isn't a 'complaints' forum. 

nitram100

Not right now? 

This feature is annoying as hell, stop opening the app on my effing phone when I play something on my PC.

You know what else is 'not right now?'  Your paypal payment, sub cancelled. I will move to Google Music, Spotify is starting to feel like malware/spyware. 

wullins

Spotify,

"Not right now" - Do not treat us with CONTEMPT. The customer is always right. And the customer wants you to remove this feature right now. I see no reason why this is now a feature across the platforms - I have experienced significant battery drain and more frequently when I am listening to music on desktop, the track skips to a song I listened to song I listened to earlier on my phone. It's not exactly life and death, but it's starting to get tiresome.

I will be exploring other avenues for music streaming.

cheaty

Would be really great - Somehow my LG G2 plays and skips tracks without any action at my side (probably because of the many media things connected - A2DP to stereo automatically through tasket, BT-LE to pebble smartwatch with media-control, incoming remote from connected headphones aso.)...

And I'd prefer an option to disable that. Because my music-preference is somehow totally different when commuting to work than being at work or being at home at desktop-PCs with audio-Hardware. If I can proceed the classical tracks I listen at home when I really want to listen to dubstep to get rid of that traffic-noises...

Danski0

That it's not already an option to turn off must be the biggest flaw in Spotify since launch.

mrleyva

I signed up to the community just to find out about this. I'm hoping this is resolved too.