Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Continue Everynoise

everynoise.com is an invaluable exploration of Spotify genres, and the only place to see complete Friday releases with genre cross-references. Without it, much new music goes unheard.

The Spotify employee, glenn mcdonald, who maintained this was let go in recent round of layoffs.

Everynoise is no longer getting data feeds (beyond basic api) and New Releases may not happen.

Please make everynoise functions supported. I would prioritize New Releases.

Updated on 2024-01-27

We're thrilled to see that your suggestion is rapidly gaining popularity and we're updating its status to Good Suggestion.

We hope that it will continue to gain support from more users. Thank you for your valuable contribution - we truly appreciate it!

For more details about how the Ideas Exchange works, please refer to here.

Comments
snigel59

Everynoise is (as far as I know) completely unique and essentially an art piece itself. It would be a shame if spotify stopped supporting it like this.

edennwonderland

The sole reason I have continued to subscribe to Spotify and not switch to another music streaming service like Tidal is because of the social listening that is made possible by Everynoise. Words cannot explain what a loss this is to the social music scene and music self-discovery.  I am very disappointed in Spotify's decision. 

bea20

I've used Spotify since 2009-2010-ish, when Spotify was first launched in Sweden and you needed an invite to join. It changed the way I listen to music forever. 

A few years ago I discovered everyonoice through the Needle playlists, and it changed the way I listened to music again. It widened my horizons and got me out of the narrow echo chamber that Spotify can become with Ai-generated playlists. I am saddened to lose that!

början

Glenn MacDonald's work was manifestly superior to the "AI" **bleep** that Spotify is serving up and apparently plans to double down on. Please just admit you made a mistake and bring the man back.

Starleafy

It was such a great resource and I hadn't even scratched the surface of it. If it stays down it will genuinely be such a loss. Spotify please listen to people 

tripproberts

As a former employee, Spotify is truly lost. I’m continually disappointed by leadership and the direction they’re taking the company/product

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2024-01-27

We're thrilled to see that your suggestion is rapidly gaining popularity and we're updating its status to Good Suggestion.

We hope that it will continue to gain support from more users. Thank you for your valuable contribution - we truly appreciate it!

For more details about how the Ideas Exchange works, please refer to here.

BinaryOctane

This was one of the best features of Spotify and should never have been stopped, Bring it Back!

cnhardwick

I'm glad to see this suggestion finally getting acknowledged--even if that's little more than a formality at this point. I've been trying to think pragmatically about the Everynoise situation and what a realistic solution might look like. Here's a few thoughts:

It'd be great to see Glenn, among others who laid off, return to Spotify and resume their good work. However, since Spotify is a business with shareholders first this seems like an unlikely solution. Spotify finally achieved it's goal of turning a profit last year and not doubt that was in part due to cost cutting like layoffs. While I'm sure Spotify could afford to bring back an employee or two like Glenn, it seems unlikely a major course correction is going to happen anytime in the near future. Spotify has staked it's future on AI-driven curation, not human-curation. Besides that, for all I know those bridges have already been burned to the point of now return anyway. 

Another solution might be for Spotify to integrate some of the most loved features of Everynoise into the service itself. The problem there of course is the people best capable of doing such a thing no longer work at Spotify so this also seems unlikely. The same would go for any attempt to acquire a service like Everynoise, who's going to maintain it? 

Spotify might could consider re-enabling some the backend stuff that made Everynoise possible. My hunch is though that the people who'd know how to do that probably no longer work at Spotify. Besides that, I'm not sure if granting that kind of exclusivity to Everynoise would work in the long run. I fear we'd just end up right back where we started with the next shake up at Spotify. 

So why not beef up the API and make more of the data needed to run a service like Everynoise available to developers? At the end of the day the thing that convinced me jump ship from Google Play Music and come to Spotify in the first place was the community surrounding Spotify. And a big part of that community comes through third party services like Everynoise. Without these type of third party services Spotify begins to look more and more like it's competitors. So I'd like to see Spotify double down on it's already class leading API and give a lot of us a reason to stay subscribed. 

kiosk222

My friend recently introduced me to everynoise, and I hope this project continues ❤️