Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Other] Add a way to find out when you first listened to a song or album

I was just curious about my music listening history and thought this feature would help me and others find out their long term listening history.

Updated on 2021-06-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Xenia
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-04-22

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a New Suggestion, which sound like a repost of this inactive idea.

You might also be interested in this related idea - Feel free to add your vote to it to show your support.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

deleted.

Eli220

Sounds like a great idea. I would love to have a more in depth history feature in general. It would be great if you could see all the different times you listened to songs, not just when you added them. Also, it can be really frustrating to find a artist that you like but then end up forgetting after they get bumped off recently played. Sometimes you don't want to add an artist to your playlists yet but still want to save their name.  It also would be nice to be able to highlight certain elements from you listening history that you want to play a bigger role in you recommendations.

yell0wdrops

Just use Last.fm.

Jacob
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2021-05-20

Your suggestion has at least 50 votes in 3 months! Keep gathering votes. If this idea gets enough votes, Spotify will check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

ParentalControl

Not until we can block followers first.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Social-Block-Followers/idi-p/310496

It’s a fantastic idea though.

Mihail
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-06-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

AdamDam

I think this is a great idea! It would be nice to be able to see when we first listened to songs/albums, since some Spotify users either don’t use Last.fm or joined it after starting to use Spotify.