Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Other] Option to maximize album cover in fullscreen

I suspect this was an oversight in the latest update, but the album cover is now tiny in full-screen mode, making room for the background on the artist's profile instead. There seems to be no way to maximize the album cover, which I'd rather be looking at. I'd like that option back!

unknown.png

Updated on 2021-08-03

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
flying_v_666

100% agree with this. We should have the ability to display the full screen UI how we like. And with the latest version, the UI (including album art) completely disappears after a few seconds. So if there is not even an artist banner, all we get is a blank coloured screen with no album art at all. Simply not a good look especially when using Spotify on a larger TV setup. It really would add to the experience to be able to view the large album artwork all the time and hide the artist banner if we so choose. If no artist image, having the option to choose the background colour would also be a bonus.

dagsix

Not showing the playing artist and song title in an app that plays music is absurd. At least give the user the option....

konnor_r

please change this literally the worst update you guys haver done 

TONZASHINAMUSIC

Also do not forget to put back HQ versions of the album cover arts, I hate how the update made the cover arts extremely blurry. Was this done on purpose as a "we don´t give a F" to all your customers? The cover arts are not even displayed properly so why should we pay for your service if you don´t care about your customers? I want you to fix the blurry covers and the maximizing album cover in fullscreen! PLEASE! This frustrates me so much! Ugh... 😭

danielsipprelle

I wholeheartedly agree with the original suggestion and other comments. The new full screen mode on desktop, with blown-up photos of the artists, is atrocious. I would much rather have full screen mode constitute an image of the relevant album cover, or snippets from the songs' music videos.

TrantaLocked

Please just let of be able to maximize the album art at a choice. There should be an option for both.

DocHog

For the love of God, get this issue resolved or give us an update. It shouldn't be this difficult?

miiichael_au

If I have spotify playing in fullscreen on the other side of the room, HowTF am I supposed to be able to tell what's playing, and by whom? Is this really the best fullscreen mode you can come up with?

miiichael_au_1-1632568196032.png

or are we expected to be constantly wiggling the mouse?

miiichael_au_2-1632568304564.png

PS: timestamps on this website need to be accompanied by the timezone. It's not 12:12PM here!

miiichael_au_3-1632568408621.png

Wintermalone

please do this already spotify, we want to look at the album cover, and right now  with full screen after 5 second it become a blank with colour, like who want to see this, pls this next update at least give an option either you want like to look as it is or have only to show the album cover and stay like that and not become a blank screen with only colour. 

Gezo

I do like the feature added where you click the artwork and it jumps to where the song is playing. That is a great feature! But there is no reason that this needed to completely replace full screen artwork entirely. Now, you cannot even access high resolution artwork, it is incredibly low quality and blurry.