Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Podcasts] Mark as Played

The feature to Mark as Played that's available in Mobile should absolutely be available in the desktop app also. Why is there a feature disparity between platforms? 

Updated on 2021-06-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
lofvberg

If you merge this with [Podcasts] Mark all/multiple podcasts played perhaps we get the 1000 votes this needs to be looked at.... Unbelievable that this is not implemented...

JazzFunk26

Yeah switching between mobile and desktop for podcasts makes it very hard to figure out what episode I was last on since unplayed and played episodes look exactly the same. Really hope this can be implemented.

airsnitch

adding my frustration here! Please fix this asap. I'm using spotify premium on mac and iphone. the sync of listening status as well as listened flag does not work at all. on mac os it does not even update if I listened to an ep. How is this issue pending since 2019?

tweet__

Please fix this, it is really annoying. I've used Spotify since 2008 and have been a happy customer until I switched over from Apple podcasts. These are such basic features (also marking individual and ALL episodes as listened to) that I can't understand why they are not implemented already.

elsalty

This is simply ridiculous and is one of my biggest complaints. This is an easy fix, why won't you implement this?  

scottrobertson

Any updates?

heyfrank

Would be great if Spotify payed more attention to the awesome Desktop app and made it sync to the mobile app!

davethg

Astounded this isn't possible in the desktop app. Why are you keeping the podcasting experience so subpar Spotify? 

christianmoore

Needed on the macOS app too

MrsDowning

So let me get this straight, features are added to Spotify's various platform based on if the "cool kids" want them or not. Yet Spotify wants people to pay for a premium service while already Spotify is already not providing a basic service. Some of us are adults who work function in the real world and therefore use a desktop version of Spotify in the background while doing work and are not glued to cellular telephones all day long. So I guess I will be letting my favorite podcast know that they are losing a long time listener, due to this, and I will be moving the rest of my podcasts elsewhere. I was not aware that Spotify is run like a high school and not a business.