Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop/Webplayer] - Daily Mix dislike button

Updated on 2020-06-12

Hi everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.
Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here, too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.
Thanks

Comments
Melody
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

Updated on 2020-06-12

Hi everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here, too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.
Thanks

Francisco-Reyes

What does that mean?

The way I see it, it is a binary system:

* You will bring back

* You won't bring back

Seems you keep trying a third option "you don't bring back, but don't want to tell us you won't bring back".. and that, as far as I am concerned, is the worst option as it gives the impression that you are not only ignoring your users, but acting disingenuous.

So, can we please get a straight answer?  (yes / no)  the feature will (be / not be) brought back

mmaciazek

Removing this feature makes absolutely no sense! Some of the songs Spotify has put on my Daily Mix are so annoying - if Daily Mix is supposed to be tailored to your preferences, why would you remove a feature that allows you to continue doing this?

OvB

Hi,

I'm a new user (opened a FREE account just yesterday).

I am generally a fan of having (owning) my music, exactly in order to have control of what I listen to (i.e. listen to what I like/not listen to what I dislike - life's too short for anything else), so I was always wary of Spotify.

But never did I think a DISLIKE feature would be missing (let alone be purposefully removed).

Let alone that Spotify would be doing its best to sugar coat it/ outright hide this fact: no DISLIKE button (on DAILY MIX playlists at least - already got that...).

Moreover, since 2016 (TWENTY SIXETEEN!!!), cust.serv.reps. have been deliberately confusing (when they were supposed to help them) users about it by serving them all sorts of half-truths ("we are testing new things") + fake concern + outright lies ("it will come back", "the buttons ARE there!", etc.)

Finally,  I found some "official" confirmation about it: "Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes".

Well, tell you what Spotify:

"1. I will look into the idea of migrating to Spotify when you reach the necessary amount of consideration & professionalism towards your users!
2. I will look into the idea of buying a membership when the necessary amount of pigs fly!
3. You should look into the idea of changing your headquarters & staff (to totalitarian China, or some third world dictatorship). As it is, you bring shame on Sweden, Swedes & the fabulous Swedish customer care, famous worldwide. And yes, I do know what I am talking about - I live in Norway, and interact with Swedish products & firms everyday!"

Until then, it's back to iTunes, Google Play, Tidal & 7digital.

Kobbara

the reason for buying a premium service specially in music applications is to listen to what you like and to dislike any song that you don't want to hear again, it doesn't matter listening to a weekly, daily, monthly mix made just for you, you should be able to dislike any song that you don't want to hear again!!! even if i want to not listen to a song of my liked songs the option should be there to just not to listen to it again! also i should get a list of my disliked songs if i want to remove any song from that list! it's simply premium service!! 

geekyvalkyrie

Please for the love of all gods above and below. I just heard something that gave me stinky-diaper-face in the middle of an amazing daily mix 1.  There's no way to hide it, no way to ensure it doesn't return, no way to autoskip if the playlist repeats, nothing. I can't even block/dislike/downvote the artist from their page.

I migrated to Spotify a decade ago and went pro right away because you offered phenomenal control. I've been an enthusiastic fan of your emerging tech surrounding listening suggestions. This? This is a terrible idea. Please do not remove our ability to throw away a stinky diaper when it accidentally lands in our lap. You guys are awesome. Please don't let this remain such an egregious oversight. 

Reloop

Daily mixes are utterly useless if I have to skip the same shite every **bleep**ing day because there's no way to completely nuke an artist that keeps popping up.

thekrisho

Just following up on this. It is now 2020. I have recently switched from google play / youtube music which had dislike feature for any song whether on now playing, radio or personalized playlist / radar. I'm running into a lot of songs I really dont enjoy and the fact that they repeat often is really ruining the experience. Considering trying other services.. 

How many times do I have to listen to the same freaking song from Lucinda Williams? Or Chris Smithers? Or any artist with a catalog that stretches to the moon and back? All I need is  Tired of the Song choice, really. I'm sure Spotify's algorithm can somehow get that.

maximo101

As someone trying Spotify again due to JRE, it seems common that Spotify keeps taking features away, and not listening to it's users. Very sad