Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop/Webplayer] - Daily Mix dislike button

Updated on 2020-06-12

Hi everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.
Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here, too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.
Thanks

Comments
Badeky

This "How could this feature get removed?? I mean it was already developed, tested and successful, why on earth remove the ability for users to tailor their experience?"

It's been almost a year and this is still missing?

You guys are the best! Keep up the awesome work! *Thumbs down* (since you have emojis, but I can't even use one on a reply, WP) 

Ewood21

There appear to be almost 1000 people (with my vote it would bring the total to 999, except the "vote" button has been greyed out for some reason) who are asking for this feature to be re-instated.  I'm curious as to the reasoning behind it's having been removed.  Can someone at least explain why, even if it can't be brought back.  I was considering switching to a paid account, but don't want to pay for something that won't meet my needs.  

Any reply would be helpful.  Thanks.

nec_d

yes ill explain you. 

Daily mixes are "sponsored" by record labels, so spotify want you to listen to all this craρ that they inserting into your ex-nicetolisten daily mixes.

1-f4nx1gl_zwt

This is how money secrtely promotes bad music and makes more money for limited group of people :~(

AndreHimself

Hey folks, it's been OVER A YEAR since this issue has been raised and almost 6 months from Spotify's official comment, how much time is required for a fully functional feature that was perfectly working in production to be REDEPLOYED?

Even >IF< (hypothetically) for some reason the whole AI engine related to disliking a song for tailored experience changed (which wouldn't be a valid excuse tho), still just allowing users to remove/hide a song from daily mixes is extremely basic, just a switch, any mid level dev can do that.

PS: IMHO being able to hide a song from a playlist should be available in any playlist, not only daily mixes.

Shavea

Please bring again the "Dislike" button, it was a fantastic tool for everyone. Spotify algorithm fails with some artists and I still don´t understand why I get those artists in my recommendations, so the dislike button was the way to take them off the lists.

Serlund

This feature really needs to be implemented otherwise I will be switching from Spotify premium to a different music player. I have been a premium member for over 7 years and feel I have waited long enough for this enhancement to be returned.  Spotify continues to play songs I detest and these songs have even shown up in my yearly wrap up as songs I love (what a laugh). I am tired of the crappy algorithm playing songs I do not like because there is no way for me to tell the system to stop playing those songs. 

Malakias

Why are you putting that f**king irritating Motor by SebastiAn to my Daily Mix over and over again, and I cannot get rid of it?

MAKE THE DISLIKE BUTTON!

searleser97
  1. This is the only reason why I still prefer deezer "flow" (infinite playlist) is just amazing, and their algorithm is pretty accurate. 
Lauchlin

I mostly love Spotify's daily mixes for me, but every once in a while the algorithm will decide I must love a song that I actually hate and keep including it in my playlists day after day. I would really appreciate the option to mark a song as disliked so it wouldn't be added to my daily mixes.