Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Developer] Web API playback queue route

The Web API is lacking a public endpoint to fetch an authenticated users current queue. The addition of this would expand the creative possibilities developers would have at their disposal, without it a big chunk of what the Web API was designed to provide is simply not there.

Updated on 2022-09-11

Hello!

Looks like your idea is gathering more and more votes and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' again and we hope it continues to reach new marks soon.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Holdinalt

We need it!

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2021-07-28

Hey! Looks like that your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues to be supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your idea. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

kloevinyl

Can we please get this essential API feature? Would be great for a custom jukebox-project, that I'm currently working on 🙂 

Luan
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2022-01-18

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos yet. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to continue sharing it to get more kudos. Folks can still add their votes and comments in order to support it.

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.

freekbes

@Luan Just because there's "not enough votes" doesn't mean this feature is an unwanted one by the community, it's more likely there are just not as many developers on this idea forum thingy as there are regular Spotify users, who care about other things. I'd say 95 kudos should be somewhat enough to implement it, especially seeing as there is already an implementation, just not a public one (see my previous comment). Hire me, I'll do it myself.

1eonhard

That would be a good feature. Sadly nothing has happened here.

kanemc35

How is this still not a thing!!! PLEASE IMPLEMENT!!!!!

Banool

Please add a read API for the queue and a clear API for the queue, this is very basic.

rocxteady

Being able to add something to the queue but not being able to see the queue is so weird. I can't believe that how they thought this was unnecessary. Amazing.

mmatt

I don't understand how this **STILL** isn't a feature in the Web API.