Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover Weekly] View previous Discover Weekly Playlists

The discover weekly feature is excellent, however I was disappointed yesterday to notice that last weeks playlist had disappeared. It would be great to be able to view previous discover weekly playlists. 

Thanks

Updated on 2020-11-03

Hey folks,
We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.
We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks.

Comments
Marco
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated: 2015-07-28

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. 😉

As a workaround, you can use Spotify's official channel for IFTTT (Website that lets you trigger actions by certain events).
@hans-jürgen created a great working recipe for an Archive playlist here: Discover Weekly Archive

missteague

Exactly what Marco said, the new weekly feature is awesome, but can there be an option to see old playlists? 

Did anyone save it, as last week's was awesome and I can't remember the artists. Would be appreciated to help out:) 

Thanks 

KH_Seraph

I LOVED my discover weekly playlist from last week and saved a couple of songs from it to my personal playlists, but there were a couple that I forgot to add, and now I can't remember the artist/album or song names. 😞

It would be awesome if we can somehow view an archive of previous discover weeklies for this reason.

Thanks for the kudos everyone. Hopefully this will get noticed by Spotify, as it should be easy to implement. 

hans-jürgen

The official announcement thread by @Rorey mentions that it would be automatically added to Your Music, but it seems that this is either not working or a typo, because Discover Weekly is added to your playlist section, not Your Music.

Anyhow, there are at least three ways to recover the tracks from last week's edition:

1. Check your Play Queue / History tab in the desktop client if you listened to them there. Mobile users do not have this option though.

2. If you scrobble to Last.fm, the tracks will be added to your Recently Listened Tracks list there.

3. If you have enabled Facebook connectivity in Spotify, you can find them in your personal activity protocol.

It still would be good if there was an official option to write the 30 tracks automatically to a growing playlist. You can also use the "recipes" on the new IFTTT Spotify channel to automate this process. I have created a new recipe for that and called it Discover Weekly Archive which works fine. If you want to use it for yourself, you have to create a free account on that site and allow access to your Spotify account, too.

Maxican

@hans-jürgen Is there any way to recover these tracks for a mobile user who does not have Facebook enabled?

hans-jürgen

If you did not scrobble them to Last.fm, I don't think so, but I only use the desktop client, so I might be wrong.

CakeofTruth

I went on to the forums just to say how spot on this discover weekly stuff has been for me. I like literally everything that gets suggested. That never happens. 

On that note, I save the ones that stick out on my genre playlists, if nothing else you can just copy the playlist as a new playlist of your own. 

The easiest way to achieve this would be to have a discovered weekly playlist which holds every previous discover weekly playlist. Things wouldn't get too disorganised this way.

DBR247

mikimitschi

I loved my playlist too. Awesome feature!