Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover Weekly] View previous Discover Weekly Playlists

The discover weekly feature is excellent, however I was disappointed yesterday to notice that last weeks playlist had disappeared. It would be great to be able to view previous discover weekly playlists. 

Thanks

Updated on 2020-11-03

Hey folks,
We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.
We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks.

Comments
Rebeccs

I too love the Discover Weekly playlists! But I'm bereft that I can't access previous ones-- there's no way for me to retrace the songs--not even in the Recently Played section, because that shows the playlist only, not the songs. And sadly if you click on the playlist, it takes you to only the NEW one! I just lost one of my Discover Weekly playlists in the middle of relistening to it-- it just *poof* transformed into the new list; the previous one was GONE! Please add some way to revisit the old ones -- at minimum through including the individual songs in the Recently Played list! Thank you!

loseyateefa

I feel your frustration so try this:   https://discover-backup.com/        if you use the service, please donate.

or save the list each week as a playlist with new title (but you have to REMEMBER to do this) that's why the service is so helpful.     and i have another method i've used    and posted it in this forum on 8-6-2018:

i discovered a simple workaround IF you have this capability.  I usually save many of the songs from my weekly list into playlists because I know it updates Monday morning.  This week had some great tunes but i forgot to compile my list on Sunday night.   My solution:   i turned off the Wi-Fi and Cellular Data on my iphone6 so it had NO internet connection.  i opened Spotify and then the Discover Weekly playlist.  I took multiple screenshots until i got all the songs captured.   (On an iphone, you press the Home Key and the Power button at the same time)  These get stored in my Photos.  I can now open Spotify on my PC, and research each song title by referring to the pictures to see if it was one of my favorites i want to keep in a new playlist.   This will take some time but it saved my list which was very important!!!!!!!    Remember to turn the Wifi and Cellular Data back on the phone.   Hope this helps someone!!!

Another way is to save the entire list as a playlist before it expires.   

Melody
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2020-11-03

Hey folks,
We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.
We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks.

Gaberoids

Visit old 'discovery weekly' playlist is the only feature that I can think of that is missing from spotify.

Queue history should be available in mobile app too 🙂

emroche

I would love to be able to view my old Discover Weekly playlists.

InbetweenGenres

Is there a way the user can choose the date they want the release date as well? For example, instead of every Monday but every Sunday.

dtortib

Not Right Now? How is it that something requested in 2015 with so many people supporting it gets a Not Right Now in 2020? Live Ideas is a big lie.

sp0tify_user_11

Any chance we can reopen this?  To add insult to injury the button to vote is not greyed out till you login!

micromorganism

After all this time and all the support this idea has gathered, I really wish Spotify would re-evaluate the significant demand for some version of this feature! 

ranyabajaj

I've only just started using my discover weekly playlist, and I have found a lot of songs I really like. It updates weekly every Monday. I'm wondering if there's a way to retrieve all these songs from the past few years. I would really appreciate this feature.