Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Playlists] 'Add to playlist' sort order should be custom

In the latest Spotify library redesign, when I try to add a song to a playlist, the modal that opens sorts my playlists in a seemingly random order. This is very annoying since I have a mix of many playlists/folders in a specific custom order, and now finding the correct playlist to add a song has become a pain. This has only become a problem in the latest update, and worked perfectly in previous Spotify versions. I think that the order of the playlists in the "Add to playlist" dialog should follow the same order as the main Playlists tab - that is, if I have my playlists sorted by custom, the dialog should be sorted the same way.

Updated on 2021-06-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
bLasagna

Yes!

It happens that I add a lot of music to a playlist at once and even though I love alphabetical order it's annoying to scroll each time. 3 last playlists on top (for like a week) when adding a song would be perfect! 

dagchild

Spotify! Please do something about this - The playlist order used to be in a fixed order and MUCH easier to find the Playlist you wanted to add to!

dagchild

SPOTIFY PLEASE FIX THIS! Adding songs to playlist is made harder by having to search through all your lists once you have jumbled order!

that_dozen

This feature is the epitome of a “smart dumb” move. I made a custom order for my playlists both by how much I listen to them and some based on dates. I want that same order so I can quickly add a new song to my playlists based on the order I know them to be in, not the order you think they should display. Today is my first time encountering this and it’s infuriating 

Paulvissers97

This was actually kinda 'fixed'! Spotify still orders the playlists based on some algorithm, but there's now a search bar at the top of the list when you add a song to a playlist!

bLasagna

Really? I just updated the app (android) but no search bar. Which version are you on? I have 8.6.22.1112 now.

Paulvissers97

I'm on 8.6.22.1112 on Android too! I don't have the new UI yet, but since one or two weeks I do have the search bar as showed in the picture. Maybe they're testing it?

Screenshot_20210504-103945_Spotify.jpg

bLasagna

Oh, lucky you! It looks like this on mine. I was going to say yes they're probably testing it in the US, but it looks like you're from Europe too! 

ritchgirl12

I’d love to see the “add to playlist” view to be sortable, I have 100 playlists and alphabetical order made it so easy to add things quickly. The recently played order resorts them to much so now I’m stuck having to read through each playlist to find the right one.

Galloslav

Also for Desktop application please.