Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Playlists] Bring back number of songs in a playlist

The old mobile interface used to show the number of songs in the playlists section. The updated version has removed this feature, which I find quite useful. 

Updated on 2020-08-14

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.
We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks.

Comments
_6-wge8p73jwk

Agree with previous comments. Please simply display the number of songs in a playlist, as you do in the desktop app.

Nightflyre9

Yes, bring back the song count. It should never have been removed in the first place. There is no reason imaginable to remove the song count from playlists. Why? To what end? So we can be forced to add a song to a playlist just to see how many songs we already have? Yes, that’s great for the user. It's an asinine, disrespectful, outrageously moronic idea and a slap in the face to your subscribers.

It's about as frustrating as the fact that, every ten seconds Spotify's song lyrics are obscured by obnoxious, USELESS trivia that no one wants in their damn way. Horrible, braindead choices.

Melody
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2020-08-14

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.
We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks.

Roh4

WHY would you remove the song count?! Just WHY?! It's not a "new idea" and not a "feature" to know how many songs my effing playlist has, it's "pointlessly degrading your app" to remove this basic piece of  information

Nightflyre9

Roh4, absolutely agreed. I love how Melody, the "Community Manager," completely sidestepped the issue and invoked the words "idea" and "implement" as if the song count is something new.

The truth is it was ALREADY a feature and has been REMOVED. Big difference. And if it was removed in the blink of an eye, it can be restored just as quickly. Spotify, sort it out and fix it.

Massivemig
You can see the number of songs in each Playlist on the desktop version of
your PC.
Nightflyre9

Oh, you mean I can just drag my PC with me everywhere I go to see how many songs are on my phone? Great solution for when I'm out and about. Thanks! Not to be rude, but that was not helpful at all. It just came across as dismissive and condescending.

I am a mobile user. Period. There’s no logical reason for the playlist count to exist on the desktop version but not on the mobile version, especially considering that mobile devices and tablets account for more than half of all listening.

Removing the playlist count was an incredibly ignorant and insulting move. There’s no way around that fact.

Lbaxter1000
I tried that, but the PC strapped to my back when I was running hurt my shoulder and you do tend to look a tad silly.
Nightflyre9

Maybe you can try putting your PC in a backpack. Think that would help?

rinoshow

Im a new user in spotify and im really shocked how a simply thing like “number of songs in playlist” is not available in mobile app!!! Who are the developers??? Who are the people in spotify behind this  BIG miss in the app.?  Apple Music has this “feature” from the beginning!!!  Wake up and bring this MUST HAVE feature on Spotify mobile!!! Number of songs in playlist!!!!! This is a big big big mistake spotify!!! Im not joking saying that just this miss is making me think to come back to Apple Music...