Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] See all Songs on Artist Page

Dear spotify,

First of all, thanks for your awesome service! I really enjoy my premium account on my desktop and iPhone version and use it at home and wherever I go. However there's something that bothers me often while searching for a song, especially on the iPhone version.

I often search for a song of a specific artist. So I use the search function and reach the artist's page. Once there, the app only shows the 5 most popular songs of the artist. But often the song I'm looking for is not listed there (maybe nr 6 on the list or lower). Now I have the option of searching through the albums, which can be quite time consuming, or try to use the search function again and hope to find it with a more specific combination of words (provided that I know anything more than the artist's name).

Now every time I get to this I'm thinking why can't I tap a button ('see all songs') which allows me to see all the artist's songs in a list? That is something I'm looking for intuitively. On the desktop version, the list of 5 can be extended to 10 most popular, but also here I'm thinking: why only 10?! Actually, the list I'm looking for can be brought up by the app already by playing the first song (while not in shuffle mode) and tapping the playlist icon. This brings up the kind of list I would like to see: all the artists songs I can just browse through. Only now I'm playing the first song, which I didn't want to hear at all.

Preferably, I would want to be albe to sort the list in order of popularity or alphabet.

Cheers!

Updated on 2020-06-09

Hey,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're keeping this idea marked as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks!

Comments
DAVIDF1986

"We don't have plans to update the Artist Page so that it can show all Songs by an Artist when using a mobile app."

Why the **bleep** not!!!??

This is such a basic feature. Why can't I see all the songs of an artist I search!? This annoys me often enough that I'm looking for another music service that facilitates simple features.

doublerocker

Good luck, DAVIDF1986.  Let us know if you find a service that shows all the songs by a particular artist.  I'd love it. 

Thanks for this respone. In this case i dont need to thinking about cancel my spotify permium. I will do this inmediatelly. Have a nice day.

hooga32

Something like this suggestion.png

Music_Josh

I find it very frustrating and annoying that I can't view and play ALL of an artist's songs at once unless I manually go and make a playlist and add all of their music. Every other music platform I ever used had this feature and I honestly can't believe that Spotify has decided to exclude this for some reason. Other than that I like the app but this is a huge oversight in my opinion. Also I've only used the Android version.

osornios
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-02-27

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

GhostBee

THIS! Oh my gosh I really wish this was a thing. It would also make it easier to discover songs from a specific artist. This has my vote!

akselborg

This is really missing - what's the reason for NOT to have this option?

gothamcity6

Totally Agree!  Call me crazy but when I find an awesome new artist I like to listen to all of their music in the order it was released.  Obsessive? Yes. But isn't loving and obsessing over music the whole point of Spotify?

In Spotify the only way to do this is to create a playlist and manually add songs in chronological order, which is a HUGE pain because one has to scroll up and down between "albums" and "singles", checking the release dates of each release.  It takes at least 10-15 minutes to make a chronological playlist for any artist with a lot of music (just look at Avicii and tell me it wouldn't wouldn't take forever).

Please just make an artist "list view" so one can view all their music in one list, without the album title and art dividers, and without them being separated into singles and albums.  And while you are at it, please at least add the option to include tracks the artist "appears on" to this list view.  It is a pain to have to go into the album view for each item in the "appears on" list to find remixes/collabs that the artist has made.

And I know it could be considered a separate issue, but adding the ability (it can be an optional toggle in settings) to show the release date of songs as a column so users could sort by release date would be such a small thing to save time.  Sorry, but given how simple this would be to implement, how it could be added as an optional setting, and how much time it would save people who want it, I simply don't understand why it hasn't happened.  The amount of users who want to make playlists like "My favorites - 2018", or "EDM hits 2019", why not just give people the ability verify dates or to pull their favorites out of an existing archive playlist by sorting by date?  And for my obsessive reason, I could have a list of an artist's discography in chronological order in two clicks: "list view", "sort by release date".   Personally, I don't care at all about the date I added a song to a playlist.  Make that column release date instead.