Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] View & Shuffle all Tracks in Playlist Folders

The latest spotify for android update, as well as the newest iOS update, removed the "shuffle all" option for multiple playlists within a folder. I used this feature every day and it's my favorite spotify feature. Please bring it back!

Updated on 2019-09-17

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
McvW
Well, it hadn't been working on either of my laptops for about two years. Definitely not in combination with playing music through my Google Home devices. Glad to see it working again!
rikverstraete

i found this external app usefull to make synced multipe playlist : https://playmixify.com/  this should be implimented in spotify itself !!!

André_Costa

I've started to use the folder feature on desktop and it's amazing to organize my music and many times I listen to the folder and not just a playlist.

Unfortunately the support for folders on mobile isn't that good, I can't create them, organize them or play them. I'd like that to be a thing on mobile.

Gouthameow

So we can't create playlist folders in phone which is fine for me but what I would request to add is the option to shuffle play a folder like we can in the desktop app. That feature would be so great since I organise my playlists very carefully. There are situations where I would like to play songs of two genres only in the car but I can't instead I have to play my liked songs.

ghofmann

Please bring back the ability to shuffle through all the playlists in a folder on mobile!  We want to listen to all of the sub-genres in our genre folders, not just one at a time.  For just a basic example, I have a "classic rock" playlist and a "contemporary rock" playlist.  Those both go into the "rock" folder.  When I want to listen to rock, I now have to choose between classic or contemporary, but I want to listen to all rock by shuffling the folder.

Kblodorn

This seems like the same request to be able to see and shuffle play all downloaded songs on an iPhone. How is this not done?

janaa_16

When you bring it back (and I hope it‘s soon) please make sure, that we can choose which playlists we‘d like to play on shuffle. I don‘t want to listen to ALL of my playlists on shuffle but to 2-3 at the same time to mix them up, but keep them as separate Playlists too. THANKS!

bmcd243

I don't understand why this was ever removed - I pay £10 per month and such a basic feature is missing!!!

McClausky

@jamie514  

I've been tempted to switch to the other service you mention.  The only thing preventing me was that the search function was slow and the autocomplete was really below standards, but this was some time ago.  If nowadays the search function is similar to Spotify and I find a way to export/import my playlists, then I would switch immediately.

gstarg

You have to function to play folders on the windows app, why can't you implement it on IOS and Android as well?