Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Voice Control

Think it would be a great help to introduce a voice control for the app version.

Doesn't really need to be anything too extravagant just commands like 'Skip Track' or 'Pause/Play' etc.

Would be really useful on car journey's for instance!

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.

Thanks

Comments
leeburt82

Every music app should have a dedicated driving mode for safety reasons. Please give us voice control, Spotify. (Premium user)

Mentron

Would be great if the voice command allows to start spotify Connect on any device. Especially for Amazon echo

I understand that maybe spotify this waiting for the new services of voice recognition of Google and thus save money in the development of voice recognition, however, is a service that would not only help the safety of the driver but also the spotify differentiation of The normal players and even the same google music the day that google decides not to make spotify compatible with their system

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

Hey @MHTON we think this is a great idea too. We've updated the status to 'Good Idea' and we'll let you know if we have any news about this in the future. Thanks!

Michael1322

I'm an app developer, and I've made an app that allows you to use voice commands for spotify on Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tmacstudios.spotifyvoice

Michael1322

I'm an app developer, and I've made an app that allows you to use voice commands for spotify on Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tmacstudios.spotifyvoice

dgloria

Hi, 

I would like spotify to go to the next song when I say next. Can you do it?

Thanks,

Beatrix

gardnej369

More than just "skip track," I wish I could tell spotify "shuffle favorites playlist" or "play Ed Sheeran - Barcelona."

jannapelle

This is more than a good idea - this is crucial. With distracted driving being such a prevalent issue, it is absolutely necessary that technology adapt to drivers' behavior. Even with DriveMode apps, GPS windshield docks and hands-free phone options, people still change their music while they are driving. My best friend was killed by distracted driver who using an app on their phone. I have talked to many people about the dangers of distracted driving and then all say, "Yeah, I would never text and drive" (even though I'm pretty sure they probably all do), or "I have my GPS mounted." They also say, "Well, what about changing music on Spotify?" It is impossible and impractical to encourage people not to listen to music in the car (nor do I advocate for it). Which is why Spotify must vigilantly pursue voice control options - to save lives, and to accomodate the safety of peoples' most popular setting of music listening - their cars. 

Zieluowaty

It would be very nice if Cortrana could control Spotify or if there would be some way to connect Groove Music with Spotify.