Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Voice Control

Think it would be a great help to introduce a voice control for the app version.

Doesn't really need to be anything too extravagant just commands like 'Skip Track' or 'Pause/Play' etc.

Would be really useful on car journey's for instance!

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.

Thanks

Comments
TomLegend
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.

Thanks

Locol007

While cruising with the bike a very usefull feature 👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾

Natsage

Spotify is nearly perfect, one of the only things it is missing is a voice command feature.
We should be able to control the app by giving simple voice commands such as;
"Hey Spotify, skip song"
"Hey Spotify, like song"
"Hey Spotify, play (insert name) playlist"
"Hey Spotify, pause/play"
"Hey Spotify, play (insert name of artist/band)"

It would be incredibly useful and awesome to have in moments when you can't use your hands like when cooking, cleaning, showering, driving, etc. I truly believe it would be a HUGE upgrade that can be used by everyone, regardless of the reason they may need it.

Livje

Often im driving while listining to music on my Spotify. And sometimes i need to search for a song but drive and texting dont go together. It would be much easier if i can say/record the name of the song thru a micropohone and it will search for me. Instead op typing the name of the song. 

BellaWinchester

I really want this and something like "add *song* to queue" would be amazing too. Especially for driving. There could also be a voice command like "hey Spotify" to activate this feature, so you really don't have to touch your phone at all!

mightstill

I cannot believe that after you introduced this option you would then remove it. It's an accessibility issue. Please give the option back, it was vital for using while driving.

Beelzy

Please bring this feature back.  Removing it makes no sense and makes me want to unsubscribe.

Fayhem

FINALLY adding this feature only to then remove it to try to force people to buy your crummy peripheral is such a stupid, insulting, infuriating thing to do. It's things like this that make people want to cancel their subscriptions to this shoddy app.

SwegSloth

For me and I’m sure many others the hey Spotify” feature was revolutionary, Even if for the short time it exsisted. It made driving much safer and made music accessibilities more convenient than any other voice activated music devices like Alexa or even other apps like YouTube music. From a business standpoint I understand getting rid of it on the app to promote the Spotify thing but that is not in production anymore. Now there isn’t even so much as a mic button on the search bar. Along with the driving mode feature makes it completely unsafe to change my music while driving. 

theresuh

hey spotify was almost detrimental for me while driving. i was able to control my music completely hands off. please bring it back, as some of us cannot afford car thing.