Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Crossfade when skipping Tracks

Hello, I don't know if idea has been suggested before but I couldn't find anything like it.

So, when you're currently playing an track and suddenly decides to switch song in the middle of it, it gives a very "sharp" transition.

My idea is to, just as the "Crossfade Track" option, to crossfade tracks even if you decide to switch in the middle of the song.

My main "Inspiration?" for this idea is partys. Everyone been through it and it happens pretty much every party. People starting to switch tracks every 10th second and it's just straight out annoying.

I think a crossfade would solve this problem, half-way at least.

Thanks for reading! 

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We've discussed this idea and while it is interesting, we aren't able to prioritize it and don't have any immediate plans to implement this. We will let you know if this changes in the future.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
Idontknowu

Iam waiting for this idea so long! Iam telling it all my friends and everybody wants it too!

A professional dj plays a song with 1st verse + hook and maybe 2nd verse. But then he switch. It could be so easy in spotify, because we have the crossfade function already.

Just add this crossfade on long press 3 sec "next track"!

I would appreciate it so hard. We have quite a lot of votes here for this! 

ashankar4

I had this thought too! I think it's such a fantastic idea 🙂 

Lcueva23

We need a new status update on this feature. 

ztwilliams

I've been waiting for this for a while, and the fact that it still hasn't been implemented from a request in 2012 is a little upsetting 😧  Choppy songs are a no, and I do like to keep switching songs after a bit to keep the mood and not get into the booring krap in a song, but without crossfade it is wasted altogether. Why not just keep the first 10 seconds of the next song loaded so that it can be faded at any time? Doesn't seem too much work to me although I might not understand it enough. 

As far as utility I think that anyone and everyone would benefit from this, even if making it a default. A smooth transition would sound much better than a quick change in tempo, sound, and a jump from song to pre-intro. DJs already do this at hosted events or during alloted radio blocks! There is no doubt about the immense popularity of crossfading songs halfway through, just look at the sections of the industry where it is currently used and think about how the standard spotify customer might want to replicate that if, say, they are throwing a party. Even take a step away from partying, if you are playing music at all with a group of friends and want / need to change the song it sounds much better to fade it.

I hope this can be implemented soon! 

And not have to wait another 5 years 😕

lsvillacis

I'm with you on this. Spotify has the biggest song selection in the world but as a music player is still lacking.

I personally like showing off my spotify in parties but sometimes you don't want to depend on a Playlist song order and want to switch tracks manually with a nice crossfade to make the transitions perfect.

I hope they work on this one of these days. 

stenhallstrom

It's a really simple thing and would add a lot of value. I missed it for years. 

erikkristensen

Simple idea but would add so much value to Spotify Premium! 

DJC228

This would be a very useful option!

lindsaywelday

please make this possible!

flavius94

Hi,

still not possible to implement this future?
Would be pretty easy to implement and very useful at party's like the user above wrote..
Best regards