Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Crossfade when skipping Tracks

Hello, I don't know if idea has been suggested before but I couldn't find anything like it.

So, when you're currently playing an track and suddenly decides to switch song in the middle of it, it gives a very "sharp" transition.

My idea is to, just as the "Crossfade Track" option, to crossfade tracks even if you decide to switch in the middle of the song.

My main "Inspiration?" for this idea is partys. Everyone been through it and it happens pretty much every party. People starting to switch tracks every 10th second and it's just straight out annoying.

I think a crossfade would solve this problem, half-way at least.

Thanks for reading! 

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We've discussed this idea and while it is interesting, we aren't able to prioritize it and don't have any immediate plans to implement this. We will let you know if this changes in the future.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
MusicMike2

Feature is still relevant and wishes for! 

MEGAFOOL

Bump 

muingould

This should be a much higher priority... I mean this whole company is based on the concept of PLAYING MUSIC! So why isn't something that will FOR SURE make the music playing experience a million times better higher on the list of priorities? Idk about anybody else but I haven't seen any significant changes in the spotify app (Desktop & Mobile) over the last 4 years. The original post was all the way back in 2012 and the Automix / Crossfade function is exactly the same. It's about time to update. "How can we make our customers listening experience better" should be #1. Also I'm an Audio Engineer and coder, so I know for a fact that this would be extremely easy to do. I could do it in a a couple days if that's all I was working on. The only changes I've seen since this original post are cosmetic. But the base functionality of the app hasn't changed at all. AT ALLL

lomoalapimienta
Agree. I can't understand why this simple feature isn't already there.
muingould

Right? It's been 14 years since this idea was proposed, you're telling me you couldn't have a small crack team work on this at some point in that 14 year period???

Also maybe make new comments on the first page, and the old ones on the last page??? That threw me for a loop

MEGAFOOL

CROSSFADER

muingould

I think I might post at least 1 comment here every day until they do this. Because as a Music Producer and DJ this really should have been added years ago considering how basic and simple it is. The fundamental Idea is already there, just have a trigger for the fade that starts when you click a new song or the next song button. Have the last song fade out, and the new song fade in. Very simple. 

lomoalapimienta
Well, once upon a time there was a great app, Algoriddim Djay, that enabled
crossfade (and lots of other stuff) to happen using Spotify tracks.
Sadly, Spotify decided to remove features from their API and this stopped
working. Many years later, still we can't mix Spotify tracks.

muingould

Bruuuhhh I used that app all the time, Like if I was just with some friends I could just whip out my phone and actually do a pretty solid mix. I was so mad when spotify ended their partnership with them, and I've unfortunately never used that app again since... I think I still have it on my phone though. But if they were going to do that then it would have been a perfect time to add this feature we're all talking about. I mean the original post was made before that happened

dudemanxx

So frustrating an excellent suggestion like this will never be added to this streaming service. I mean, what a joke.