Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Custom Start & Ending Times for a Track

Hi.

I'm a big electronic music lover and there is only one feature i would like added to spotify. The option to choose a part of the track i would like to play and have the settings saved.

In the world of electronic music there is almost allways 2-3 minute build ups, and not many radio mixes of each track.

This can be a problem when having a party and a track lasts for 7 minutes with 3 of them is a buildup that not everyone would like to listen to.

It would be nice to have a feature like this that i can change on each track, just drag 2 buttons to a start and end point. and maybe have a 3-5 second fade on where i choose to set them.

Made a quick illustration on what i mean. Spotify proposition.jpg

Updated on 2018-10-25

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
dalla

Its a great idea Krth8!

Lets share this and MAKE them implement it!

Liam

Nice idea!

Kudos from me 🙂

RenatoLaus

This would be an axcellent solution for tracks with long silence parts in them (e.g. last official song of an album plus the following hidden track) or to strip away applauses in live tracks. 
Hopefully they'll listen to us! 🙂

Rocio
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hello folks! First at all, sorry for the delay on updating this idea, sometimes it takes time and we have to prioritize.

We also love this idea, and we are working on different possibilities. At the moment we are going to mark it as "Not right now" since it is not built in our licensing agreement and the content is delivered to us in the current way. 

However, we might come back to this soon, so check this thread out for future updates.

Thanks a lot for your contribution and ideas, we really appreciate it 🙂

ngreenwald

My suggestion is relatively simple to implement, as iTunes has a similar functionality that I find to be extremely useful. Essentially, it would allow you to specificy how you want a specific song to be played. For example, it allows you to designate, for a certain song, unique start and stop points. Instead of the defaults, you can instead change a song always start 10 seconds in, or finish 13 seconds early, for example. This is especially helpful for designing a party playlist, when you may want to avoid pauses at the end of songs.

luismartin

Kudos to that! I think many people use Spotify for parties. And even though it's for yourself, it would be a great idea for everyone.

I thought about the same idea in this post, but a little more thorough and social. It's been flagged as duplicate naturally:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Cue-points-playing-with-your-own-start-end-cue-points-...

jlanzet

Has there been any progress on this? I'd really love to have custom start and stop times for these tracks. It's one of the reasons I still use iTunes in conjunction with Spotify. I'd love to move over completely, but this issue is preventing me from doing so.

savban

I would love it for my fitness walking.  From my research, interval walking is incredibly beneficial.  I'd like to be able to add just 60 or 90 or 120 seconds of a few higher-beats-per-minute tracks into my playlists!  

This morning I walked in nasty weather, 20 degrees and windy.  Every playlist adjustment "on the fly" meant taking off the gloves (for the touchscreen of my smartphone). Brr.   Having a playlist "perfected" in front of the computer before setting out on a walk is ideal.  

I am very new to this.  I recently googled something like "how to make a playlist for fitness walking" and one of the results gave the wonderful advice to use the website jog.fm to ascertain the beats per minute of songs I like, then build playlist(s) on Spotify.   It's been great for me!!!!   Thank you to Spotify for making it so convenient and affordable!!

popwatson

Yes am super keen to just set a preference for what time in the song (e.g. 00.30) it should play from (and also and end time) thus not altering the song AT all - just setting a playback preference - come on Spotify it can't be that hard!

meilon

I'd love to see this feature, too! Can't be that hard to implement and for the electronic music community this is a must!