Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Tag Music

It'd be awesome to be able to add my own tags to all of my songs in playlists, so I can easily and specifically sort my songs how I like.

Should be a pretty simple tool to implement.

Thanks

Updated on 2018-10-05

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
Dolodin
My thought was never to swap playlists, I use playlists all the time, but
to have an additional search mechanism to be able to find similar music, or
avoid certain music when receiving suggestions from Spotify.

Another example of this is how I'm constantly getting recommended YouTube
parody music just because a couple of artists I've listened to have done
that in the past. If i could remove "parody" from a list of tags that gets
recommended to me, that would be fantastic.
p8me

I think this is an extremely useful feature for many reasons. Please implement it!

Dance_Planet

Why don't they have tagging?   Simplest and most powerful way to organize.  I would be a happy customer, instead of an unhappy customer.

yoohoo

Wow. This ticket was opened in 2012, has 1.000+ votes and your status is: not right now.

hibernick

Hi!

It would be also grate to make possible tagging artists, and alboms to create sets of interests.

BTW I donn't udersatand why spotify still hasn't implemented it. IMHO it would improve their analysys of useres interests dramatically.

Not now with >1000 votes? Guys, really?

GinaNYC

Please please please add this as a feature! This would make your service so much better to use and would make creating custom playlists so easy. It makes me sad to see so many votes (over 1000!) on this and after years of asking, Spotify still refuses to listen to its paid subscribers and give them something they want. I’d drop Spotify in a heartbeat if another service offered this first. 

VinceMillett

Spotify should consider this as an opportunity to collate some high quality user-led meta-data to improve the recommendation algorithms.  It's not just so a user can tag things for their own personal benefit.  I explained this in my suggestion which was erroneously marked as a duplicate of this. Admittedly a similar action is being suggested but with a totally different focus and purpose. Spotify has complained openly about the low quality of meta-data from some aggregators. Here's your chance to improve your data. 

jabalsad

Really sad to see this feature has not been given any priority over many years. This would be immensely useful for users that need to organize their library when "crate digging", and just in general on a day-to-day basis in order to create interesting playlists.

Arikabeth

I really hope this idea will be implemented at one point. I'm certain it'd make organizing and linking/discovering music much easier and more satisfying, (though I have no idea how much trouble/effort it'd be to implement/maintain it properly, not to mention what economical cost/gain there would be for Spotify).

Side-note: It'd also help with organizing all the music that doesn't get any assigned genre (in my last discover weekly 11 out of 30 tracks had no associated genre for instance).

BertFMacklin

Why only playlists? How about users who don't listen to playlists and listen to full albums?