Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mac] Spotify in Notification Center

It would be cool to get a feature we can turn on to have song changes display in the Notification Center on OS X!

Updated on 2019-09-06

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
michal_ek_pl

It would be great to have a widget in the OS X Notification Center to control music (similar to iTunes).
I would also appreciate a native OS X notifications when Spotify app starts playing a new song.

ManuGarcia

This is a feature that I really miss Cat Sad  I really think that this feature will make Spotify more great!

lucysky

It's such a shame that this STILL hasn't been implemented. Literally every music player on OS X has Notification Center support, this has become a standard feature and it's really disappointing that an app as big as Spotify doesn't have it.

Now that Growl is pretty much abandoned there is no question that NC is the way to go - users expect that from a high profile application like Spotify.

I'd really like to see song change notifications as well as a today widget, but the song change notifications are more important to me if I had to choose.

Please Spotify, don't waste your developer's time on useless stuff and give us native notifications on OS X.

talkingalone

I got into this community only to make this suggestion. I think a lot of people would like to have this. I know it's a Mac-only feature, but I'm pretty sure that you have a lot of customer who use OS X, especially paying customers.

It shouldn't even be that difficult. I'm pretty sure that the OS X API exposes this functionality.

Come on guys, this is a long standing request!

fredlq

Didn't kudoed much things yet but this is an improvement I really want to get as well. It's really a shame that's not implemented yet, the topic exist since 2012 now and it has been active since. 

As a french user I recently discovered that Deezer got a desktop app, tried it and bam what's the first feature I discovered notifications displaying which title is currently playing amazing.

I'm very close to switch from this platform to an other.

avpham

Definitely a nice feature to have, especially with spotify often being in the background. Please add this feature 😃

I also joined this community just to give this idea Kudos and comment.

VitosX

Great idea. There are third party applications for that, but such functionality is expected to be built-in in serious music player. And Spotify is serious, isn't it? 🙂

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Not Right Now
Updated: 2016-02-25

Hey everyone. We don't have any plans for an option to have song changes display in the Notification Center on OS X. However please continue to leave your feedback here and we can keep bringing it to the teams at Spotify. Thank you for coming to the Spotify Community with your ideas. 

azazdeaz

Thanks for the update!

Can you tell us why you made this decision? Is it hard to implement, or is it not requested enough?

no_thanks

I'm demoing Spotify to see if I'd want to switch over to it from Google Music. I can't believe this isn't already a built in feature. Adding a kudos regardless to show my support. Apple Music, Google Music, etc. already have this built in. Just implement it into the OS X app as an optional setting under preferences so the people that don't want it don't have it. This is how Google Music does it.