Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] expand playlist song limit

there is a 10k songs limit pls expand it 

Updated on 2023-05-01

Hey! It looks like your suggestion is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Luan
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2022-03-15

Hey!
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status. Have in mind that the idea will continue open for getting votes, so if you still feel strongly about it, continue sharing it with more users.

More information about it can be found here.

Thanks for your comprehension!

bosi

Maybe that is because it is hard to find ideas in your community. If I had seen this before, I would have given it a vote.

rednblu

Amen, @bosi-- And I assert for the hundredth time that this forum is completely broken for not having an upvote function on-- for examle-- @bosi's wise and very important observation.

m4heshd

This needs to be re-opened. What is this BS with lazy devs? 🙄

JakeNiemi

SPOTIFY STAFF: PLEASE REMEMBER WHEN YOU READ COMMENTS LIKE MINE, YOU'RE HEARING FROM A POTENTIAL ABSOLUTE EVANGELIST FOR YOUR SERVICE!!! 

We are your POWER USERS and your FREE STREET TEAM!  Make us happy, and it's like a huge free ad campaign for you, because we'll be shouting from the rooftops about what a perfect platform you have!

I remember when I hit the 10,000 song limit for Liked songs on the platform. I had to go in and un-like a ton of older music I had Liked so I could make room for new discoveries I wanted to keep track of.

Eventually, I just gave up and stopped Liking music. This was a disservice both to the artists whose music anyone (like me) has stopped hitting the Like button on, because it means artists are getting fewer likes on Spotify...

But it's also a disservice to us as paid/premium power users who want to have a huge music library larger than 10k songs...

And also a further potential disservice to us as users, bc of how it might affect the algorithm that recommends new music to us — which, it seems fairly safe to assume said algorithm is informed by our Liked songs, right?

Spotify did lift the 10k limit on Liked songs, but it was too late for me. I'd stopped Liking songs years ago and now that's my habit. Bummer there...

Thankfully, I was creating my own playlists and could keep track of music I was into, that way, too. I listen to these playlists every single day.   Many of my playlists have thousands of songs, per playlist, which help me keep my music carefully sorted to instantly pull up and suit my mood/occasion.

But I recently hit that 10k limit on one of my huge well-organized playlists, which I wanna keep growing with more music that fits its category of listening. And yet a can't. :'(

I mean, playlist files can't be very large on your servers, Spotify. Back when I used winamp to sort my digital downloads I'd purchased, those playlist files were literally only a few KB apiece. So almost nothing.

So what's the big hold up or big deal about setting playlist size to unlimited, or something close to it?  You're trying to save a few KB per user here and there?  There's no way this will affect your bottom line, and should be a simple code modification on your end.

Please, please, please make playlists unlimited or at least set the limit for songs-per-playlist to some exponentially larger number than 10k. 

Spotify being my favorite and only music platform I use, I can only imagine if I've hit the 10k limit on one playlist, it won't be long til I'm running into this brick wall with a bunch of other playlists.

You're creating a time-waster for me, and your other most active users I'm sure, where I'm having to go in and make new copies of playlists and re-sort my playlists for no reason, to try to make room. 

This is busy work we don't have time for our busy schedules and it's all because of a quick line of code, and just an overall totally-unnecessary inconvenience for your POWER users who are your evangelists and word of mouth warriors!! 🙂 ❤️

Please please please fix this ASAP!!  Much love for everything tho. Great platform in so many ways!  Thanks in advance and hope the entire staff stays safe and blessed!

gigzalot

For all those who have responded to this issue and still desire Spotify to increase members playlist amount above the 10k limit, please go to the below link and vote to increase your maximum. Spotify has expressed in the past that the reason why they are not addressing this is because it hasn't been up-voted enough for their concern. Maybe, just maybe, if we increase the vote number they'll begin a serious consideration.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Increase-Your-Music-Maximum/idi-p/1465231

taradavey1

This seriously needs to be looked out. How disappointing to pay premium for a service and be capped at 10,000 per playlist.
I use one "library" playlist so I can "shuffle all songs" because unfortunately that is not a spotify feature.
And now that isnt even an option. 
So disappointing.

rednblu

Yes, there are user solutions for playing and shuffling from 120,000 tracks-- but the real solutions here are vandalized and expunged by the Spotify management of this site.  Sorry . . . .

ANTDONG

This needs to be higher, it's that simple. 

vaajy

I have one playlist for just edited edm only. It has now almost 2 500 songs. I just throw here all good radio edits only hard dance songs. I plan to have it 10 000 eventually as it is for all kind of hard dance. Please double the amount.