Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] expand playlist song limit

there is a 10k songs limit pls expand it 

Updated on 2023-05-01

Hey! It looks like your suggestion is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
wraithcat

i need it

BabyEcho0_YT

i have 11,000 songs on my spotify playlist which stops at 54 likes and I'm proud of at i hope they do up the limit to 100,000 songs!

BabyEcho0_YT

ok now you probably know you can go past 10,000 songs, but when you reach 11,000 songs(new limit, thanks to  takingbackbenny go check them out) but when you hit 11,000 songs the numbers on the songs go away

Screenshot 2023-01-10 1.32.59 PM.jpg
Screenshot 2023-01-10 1.32.59 PM(1).png
gigzalot

What's this about that the playlist limit was lifted to 11k? This isn't the case for me. I still max out at 10k.
Is there something I'm needing to do that makes my limit increase to 11k?

rednblu

Great discussions-- Very useful.  Thanks!

Dotum_zane

As a Spotify user and a music enthusiast, I have noticed that the current limit of 10,000 songs per playlist can be restrictive for users like myself who would like to create playlists with a large number of songs. This limitation can make it difficult for users to create comprehensive playlists, and also negatively impacts the performance of the Spotify app or website.

I understand that the song limit may have been implemented for technical reasons, but with the advancement of technology, I believe it is now possible to increase the limit without negatively impacting the performance of the platform.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could consider increasing the song limit for Spotify playlists. I believe that this change would greatly benefit the Spotify community and enhance the user experience.

vaajy

They also have unlimited liked tracks, so why not lists as well? Makes no sense 😄

rednblu

Makes no sense to us  . . . .

youbeauuuty

Good morrow

I would like to start my communication with a preface that being a heavy metal fan is a lifelong and distinctively obsessive commitment. It really is true that when one Metalhead sees another in public then an instant (almost erotic) rapport is established which can be unsettling to the casual bystander. I preface this as you many encounter in this missive, language that borders on what other may deem obsessive. But please know that the heavy metal running in my middle aged blood has no small amount of control over me.

First of all, I would like to congratulate Spotify on a truly magnificent streaming platform. I have heard there are other genres of music on there but for the avid metalhead, it is truly a meandering paradise of discovery, a veritable feast of viscerally distorted harmonic ramblings. Well done to the ladies and gentlemen of Spotify for taking me on this spectacular adventure.

So now we get to my unavoidable sticking point, the inevitable direction of this communication. Over the past 2 years I have been as happy as a badger in a cakeshop, as jovial as a blue ringed octopus at a funeral as I have cultivated my “absolute metal” playlist. Like a socially inept hoarder, I would watch my playlist grow in songs and in hours honing my soundtrack to survive the zombie apocalypse with.

The numbers piled up and every shuffle was a dashing bold adventure. At 9000 songs I considered myself a true connoisseur of the greatest set of the greatest musical genre that is offered to the world. But Lo! What consternation has befallen my person on a foggy Tuesday afternoon in February? I went to add more songs to my auditory child that is my “absolute metal” playlist only to be greeted by the simple message “Sorry, you can not add more songs to this playlist”

I will now leave a gap of two paragraphs for you to contemplate the gravity of this seemingly unobtrusive message.

Picture this: A humble gatherer of herbs and shrubberies has travelled the land, building a collection that befits a master of his trade. Hither and tither did he travel upon his faithful mule, seeking out floral rarities until he reached the walled market city where he could display his collection in full, revelling in its fullness and vibrancy. He walks up to the gate only to be stopped by a bored looking guard called Barry who says without a pause in his tobacco chewing “Too many plants, you’ll have to get rid of some.”

Get rid of some?

How could such a weighty and disturbing choice be properly made? It would be like slicing off a part of ones souls and casting it to the wilderness to be consumed by Jackals.

I am that herb collector and I am at the city gates, unable to contemplate the future of my metal collection.

“Just make another playlist” one fool carelessly uttered to be.

Simpleton. How could I possibly navigate the possibility of duplicates and inconsistency?

So here I am, a simple man humbly asking that you extend the number of key field entries in your distributed database to allow the inclusion of more songs in a single playlist. Don’t let me stare into the void any longer. Don’t let the pulsing abyss pull me under.

Yours faithfully

Daniel Reed

eltonifkyu

I suggest letting surpass this limit to playlists more than 1-2 year old.

So u cant flood 10k songs into a new playlists in seconds