Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcasts] Download and play podcasts on Samsung Gear smart watch.

The spotify app for the Samsung Galaxy watch does not allow users to download and listen to podcasts on the watch while not connected to wifi/another device. While users can download music (songs, playlists, etc) and listen to it straight from the watch (e.g. while running), this is not possible with podcasts.

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
mvdnico

Tienen que agregar los PODCAST en los Samsung Gear, se hace necesario, no solo se puede escuchar música al realizar deporte.

martinatorko

Is there any update on this issue? Idea with over 500 votes is not implemented while ideas with 5 or 10 votes are. Doesn't make any sense.

jason4545

over 2 years and nothing done about this? How is this not implemented already????

emigrating

Spotify doesn't care about the little guy (or the big guy judging by what they're paying per stream to artists). So I finally just upped and canceled our family plan.

If everyone followed suit they may get the message and start implementing stuff their users ask for rather than what some developer feels like. 

Jacob
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2021-05-20

Your suggestion has at least 500 votes! Keep gathering votes. If this idea gets enough votes, Spotify will check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

Mario
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Frankrburg

It would be a very much appreciated option to be able to download podcasts to my Samsung Gear Sport 2 watch. 

HermesU

I bought a Galaxy Watch Active 2 today, specially for listen to podcast while I’m exercising without my phone, this is really disapointing. I have seen the first comment on 2019, two years ago, and the last comment from the Spotify moderator since y one month ago.

I want to believe.

rhetty77

Just FYI for anyone still having issues with this, I downloaded the latest version of th espotify wearable app, and it now seems to work for podcasts for me, e.g. Joe Rogan (JRE) podcast in offline!

Wooo hooo!

nelysk4

Unfortunately even if everything's updated I still can't see podcasts on Galaxy Watch 4 Classic. The only "workaround" is to create a manual playlist, download all the podcasts and then play it. BUT it reports as "0 songs" which means I can't select which podcast to play. For that I need to switch to a third party app and then I can click "next" BUT there's no list of podcasts or anything like that.